Customer care in Puerto Rico

Hello everyone,

The way customer services are handled can greatly affect your views on certain brands, products, companies or stores. As a consumer, it is important to get familiar with local practices regarding client assistance in Puerto Rico and try to understand how things work in the country.

How would you describe your customer service experiences in Puerto Rico?

Do you feel welcome when you enter a store? Do you get useful tips and advice?

Are after-sales services available in Puerto Rico?

Thanks for sharing your experience,

Priscilla

Pricilla
Kinda off topic but funny. The ad that showed up under this post was" Date a rich woman"

After living here for 18 years.. .I think I have a sense of how to get service.

First and foremost; we must remember we are not in the States and training and culture here is different.

Secondly, establishing some kind of relationship or connection is key.  As this is a culture of relationship focus.

That may mean a simple "hola" and a smile or simply asking for what you need in a calm pleasant way a couple of times.... The time frame differs here and can be slower.  It has nothing to do with your background or ethnicity.

I have never felt put off or out due to being North American.  I think we need to be responsible for our own "fitting" in and know what works and what does not.  IT DOES NOT work to be loud or aggressive, which you will get nothing and maybe put to the back of the line :)

Mostly, I have found that this is a culture that will embrace you should you make the effort.

I also have the "follow-up" follow-up" follow-up" rule with all services I may need in home or out.  I at least know where my time stands and don't need to get upset.  WHY?  because you are in PR that is WHY :) 

Enjoy the ride... be happy and look for the gold in the journey!

Lynn Stravecky