Customer care in Japan

Hello everyone,

The way customer services are handled can greatly affect your views on certain brands, products, companies or stores. As a consumer, it is important to get familiar with local practices regarding client assistance in Japan and try to understand how things work in the country.

How would you describe your customer service experiences in Japan?

Do you feel welcome when you enter a store? Do you get useful tips and advice?

Are after-sales services available in Japan?

Thanks for sharing your experience,

Priscilla

Customer service in Japan is usually very good if a bit robotic. I can't remember having any bad experiences. In shop's you nearly always get verbally welcomed and often said goodbye to. At the counter you're asked if you want even a small product wrapped. Exchange of money is always smooth. Never been cheated. Home delivery is usually smooth and speedy. Actually, I wouldn't mind a hiccup or two to feel I'm living in the real worlds 😊.

I agree. Politeness is paramount to good customer service in Japan. Wherever I have been, be it in a store, train station or airport, or music club, everyone is polite and helpful. Even people who look as if they might not be helpful are actually really polite and helpful too. It's one of the reasons that Japan is so attractive.

Everything is all about professionalism here. I guess there's no bad nor good comment on that. Unless you're too emotional to seek for more sweet attention😊