Customer care in Greece

Hello everyone,

The way customer services are handled can greatly affect your views on certain brands, products, companies or stores. As a consumer, it is important to get familiar with local practices regarding client assistance in Greece and try to understand how things work in the country.

How would you describe your customer service experiences in Greece?

Do you feel welcome when you enter a store? Do you get useful tips and advice?

Are after-sales services available in Greece?

Thanks for sharing your experience,

I've not had much experience, TBH. I guess it depends a lot on where you're shopping: if it's a small, family-owned local shop, say, as opposed to a large multinational chain. What's your own experience in this regard?

My boyfriend told me that people are very friendly in Greece, especially when you go to a restaurant or hotel. But I can't talk about my own experience yet, because I have none.

They are friendly until you may make a complaint,if the need should arise,and then you may immediately see annoyance and an angry face,bit scary,they are not good with customers relations,this is for sure a mega problem of theirs,they take everything too personally.I saw on the news that a tourist on Santorini ordered his food but then saw from the open kitchen door that it looked filthy with cokroaches running about so he very quickly cancelled the order within minutes,the boss and another employee set upon him,beat him up,can you believe it,the police came.You are not allowed here to express discontent in any form.They dont like being told off,my son had his food put on the table as a tourist on an island, still half frozen,when he complained they took offence and got tricky so they need a school for good manners and customer relations,Greeks have a long way to go.

Questions and answers about Greece

Ask your question
viza-wedding- work difficulties
By EiriniSwinder
How to find the teleperformance?
Transport in Greece?
By Dew
Greek language tutor
By chrisstof5

Expatriate health insurance in Greece

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Greece

Moving to Greece