Customer care in Egypt

Hello everyone,

The way customer services are handled can greatly affect your views on certain brands, products, companies or stores. As a consumer, it is important to get familiar with local practices regarding client assistance in Egypt and try to understand how things work in the country.

How would you describe your customer service experiences in Egypt?

Do you feel welcome when you enter a store? Do you get useful tips and advice?

Are after-sales services available in Egypt?

Thanks for sharing your experience,

Priscilla

Good day,

- My customer service is overall a disappointment.
I could enter a store and all of a sudden every single sale representative is busy ..(doing nothing )
. I have to yell sometimes (in a bank) to the agent behind his window for him to dare to do his job !
I would enter an Electronic store, and until i could find the right word to explain what I wanted , the sale representative would cut me off, raise his voice as if I did something inappropriate.

- No need for tips.
Considering my bad experience, I make my research by myself and when I go to the store I don't need to ask anything  as I know exactly Whatever item I want to purchase

- No after sale service or I personnally never had any.
Some agents tries though to manage something in order to adress my requests in the most proper way; But never by the book

Nb : There is a customer service in Egypt with all the required attributes, but not for everyone !

Customer service in Egypt is simply a disaster.
I've been trying to get a spare part for a vacuum cleaner from a well-known company. I called the customer service several times. First, they sent me to a "muhandis" that has a pile of used and broken electronic stuff. He had no clue what to do, asked me to leave my vacuum cleaner with him. Days later, I picked it up and he "found out" that I need that spare part. Called the customer service in Cairo again. They sent me to someone else. They refused to send the stuff directly to me (to Hurghada) although I was ready to pay for the shipment. I searched for the second guy and he told me to go to a (third) place. There, finally, I found a Syrian who took guaranty number and photo of the broken part.
Conclusion: Customer service of that famous company does not even know where to send customers for spare parts. And ironically: on their website, they boast with QUALITY MANAGEMENT!!!
That's only ONE of many awful experiences.  :o

customer service is terrible in egypt

we have been living here for more than 1.5 years. Our experience is vary, sometime we get very good service, mostly okay, occasionally very poor.
I'm very disappointed with big name restaurant outlet on nile river bank but quite happy with several small/basic restaurant in dahab and cairo.
Public service is indeed far from excellent; often terrible.
I'm quite happy with the citizen watch service centre; they replaced my dive watch battery and tested for its water resistant.
So I can not generalize; instead I always provide  a review on tripadvisor.
many received my generous 4 or 5 stars - but I had no hesitate to give 2 or even 1 if their service is very poor.

It's interesting when you enter a store in Egypt.  I usually get followed around all over the store, like I'm not trusted to steal something  which is annoying or I can't get any help at all when I need it. Both are annoying.  Very few stores have happy mediums here. I have found that if an employee doesn't know the answer or how to do something then the answer is always NO to the consumer. In the US, if an employee doesn't know something, they will tell you and then say, "Let me find that out for you". I don't know why people here just can't admit it when they are not sure of something. I went to a bank to get cash from my credit card and the teller kept telling me that I needed a pin number which is totally incorrect!! And I told him that and he said they can't do it......translation, they didn't know how to. I went to 2 banks that day. My credit card company said that I can walk into any bank and get money from my card WITHOUT a pin number.  have done it multiple times.  The internet company is the worst because they have hardly any competition for business. I've never heard such rudeness. This country has a long way to go to be able to keep up with other countries in customer service!! I realize this is the norm here and Egyptians are used to this lack of service, but as an Expat we know better. Sorry, you opened up a can of worms when you asked me this question. :))

Hey how long have you been in Egypt?