Customer care in Canada

Hello everyone,

The way customer services are handled can greatly affect your views on certain brands, products, companies or stores. As a consumer, it is important to get familiar with local practices regarding client assistance in Canada and try to understand how things work in the country.

How would you describe your customer service experiences in Canada?

Do you feel welcome when you enter a store? Do you get useful tips and advice?

Are after-sales services available in Canada?

Thanks for sharing your experience,

Priscilla

Hi....
This is not about customer service in Canada, but about customer service at Budget/Avis Car Rental in Cape Town, South Africa....for those expats who may be considering a trip back to South Africa....
"BUDGET/AVIS CAR RENTAL CAPE TOWN..
These people really don't know what they are doing... They invoice incorrectly for amounts not quoted on their "booking confirmation". They seem unable to do simple arithmetic, charge incorrectly, take inordinate time to give refunds back and still do not refund correctly. The first car provided gave trouble... The replacement was OK but they attempted to charge more for it even though they had no replacement car in the same category... Keep away from BUDGET/AVIS in Cape Town..."

Well I haven't received much help considering that I speak only English.
When I speak most speak back in English although some only talk French back. It is difficult at times even at a McDonalds. Quebec is considered a bilingual province but seems as though English is the minority. Preservation of French traditions hinders the communication of tourists, businesses and new immigrants. Hoping for change to see the growth in economics and of modern services. Lack of proper customer service training seems like the biggest barrier.