Moving to Montenegro

My husband has accepted a short term job in Podgorica beginning sometime in Feb or March.  Probably will last 6-8 months.  Any suggestions as far as apartment vs house to rent also areas of the city?  It's just the two of us, but we'd like at least 2 bedrooms.

Thanks!

Hi there

I'm Montenegrin but I currently live abroad, but I will try and help.

If you're going to be living in Podgorica (which isn't that big), let me know exactly where your husband will work and I'll suggest specific areas of the city which are close to his work and also good for foreigners.

Where are you guys from? Are you looking for something to do during the day? There are interesting places for foreigners(but not that many).

Tina

Dear Julian,
I thought this might be useful to you and maybe to others looking for long-term rentals in Montenegro:
long-term-rentals-montenegro.blogspot.com
It lists a few agencies that not only offer summer rentals but also long-term rentals which is not so frequent here.
Cheers!
Carine

Thanks, Carine.  I'll check that out.

Hi,

Just joined the forum. It looks great. Looking to relocate to Herceg Novi. Concerned about getting a job there. Extensive experience in training, and community sector. Speak local language as well. Any suggestions?111

Hi there,
That link might help you: jobs-employment-careers-montenegro.blogspot.com/
It shows a list of recruitment agencies, state work agencies, and large companies which have jobs listings on their websites.
Cheers!

Thanks. Will look into it.