New Car/Suv

I am planning to buy a new car. I am inclined towards Toyota Prado (4 or 5 cylinder) but I can also for for GMC Acadia or Mazda CX-9.

Any one has had experience with driving suvs, please share it with me.

Cheers

all the 3 cars you ahve mentioned are great rides..
I incline towards the CX9, for a sportier feel to the machine and also a bit more better styling. well I like the sports suv category..

but the acadia, its a big vehicle, i mean not only that, driven it and it feels big. a bit slow on the response even for its bigger engine. Not my first choice though..

the prado well, its a toyota. and by that you should understand comes the advantage of hving a nearly maintenance free ride for soem time. The lower end versions are really very basic though, More or less the same features as that of a corolla! :P

test drive each car. find what suits you and your budget.

I have found that choosing a car out here is totally different to what I do back home.

The two main questions that need to be answered are:

Do you have a family?
Are you planning on going into the desert?

If the answer is yes to both then only the Prado will do, however had a Prado and not that impressed mainly because of price.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Prado 6 cylinder is 140.5K and I think i will go for it for one major reason that besides satisfying my needs (i do travel dubai, jeddah etc once in a while), it has a resale value.
Mazda is awsome but no resale and the interior wears out in couple of years as seen with a friend of mine.
Cheers

Within the choices you have given here...I would go for prado, acadia and mazda in that order..

Prado coz its more desert friendly than the others and great resale value than the rest.

I would look at the Nissan Armada

Nelson17 wrote:

I would look at the Nissan Armada

Top car

Thanks but armada is a big suv for me in size...
I have decided to go for prado, but now cant decide either to go for pearl white or metallic grey color:-(
cheers

Metallic grey! because then you wont have to worry bout scratches much..
the under paint in the metallic grey is metallic grey itself. so doesn't show out much. in pearl white the under color is black, it stands out..

oraclefusions wrote:

I have decided to go for prado, but now cant decide either to go for pearl white or metallic grey color:-(
cheers

Pearl White as grey is such a boring colour!

MaserMan - I agree with you - the Armada is a top car!! ;-)

BromleyKent wrote:

MaserMan - I agree with you - the Armada is a top car!! ;-)

I am so close to buying a black LE 4x4, have been at the dealership a number of times. One of the best value SUV's out there when you consider the cost and the kit you get, just figuring out the best way to pay for it, buy outright or lease.

Decisions decisions :D

MaserMan wrote:
oraclefusions wrote:

cheers

Pearl White as grey is such a boring colour!

I agree grey boring :-(

I'd go for a BMW MPower X6 "Hamann" :lol:
Color Black ofcourse.

I can dream can't I? :P

you want a really good SUV? then look no further.. Mercedes Benz  G55 G V12 S Biturbo.
Think BIG Salman!!! :D now thats a Brabus customized vehicle meant to guzzle down fuel and burn some serious rubber!

But back to the post.. Prado.. Metallic grey.. Hope you did go for the full option model though, It makes it look like the Lexus GL450! :P

Fellows, my budget is 140K max

go for a pre-owned and guaranteed prado; u would save huge money and get the same reliability / performance. u can see these pre-owned yet guaranteed vehicles on the two or three huge showrooms on makkah-damman road, after crossing the salahuddin ayubi road

used Prado is never cheap and has a good resale value.
In my search i was able to find prado 2007 for 75K but
I liked the new shape which started from 2010..

A big shock for me when my family went along with me to Toyota showroom and sat in the prado 2011 :-(
Basically:
1. Interior is pretty much basic with no style
2. third row seat for kids is a joke, its so small like a narrow
   passage.
3. Because of point 2, the middle row seat is not comparable at all to a sedan back seat, three adults cant sit at all, only two would fit. Plus the seat material is so thin and you could feel the base when sitting, no luxury at all.
4. 140k is too much price with such offerings.

Now I am seriously looking into the following cars:

1. Hona pilot:
140k for full option (leather seats, back camera, large cargo even after 3rd row is open). However I tried so hard to count em running on streets, not a single one is spotted over past 3 days. So if its a good car in us or canada, but here its useless as i wont be able to find spare parts so easily. (I am not realy looking into resale after my exp with prado out of choice)/

2. GMC Acadia
Nice features but people are advising me NOT to go for american cars as they wear out soon and no comparison with japanese.

3. Maszda cx 9
Japanese car with excellent interior from pics on net.
However I have yet to see it in the showroom.

Cheers

The honda is about the same size as the Prado or smaller.

Are you looking for a crossover or a SUV?

Don't believe the hype about Toyota and their resale value, it is a sales ploy and you are also paying way over the odds if you are buying new.

Go back to what I said earlier, get a Nissan Armada!

I'd go for the Nissan Armada too. Its like a Rhino.

I have decided to got for Mazda cx9 full option. I might go for 2010 as they still have some left overs as I will get a good discount.

Any one driven cx9 here?

Am not really comfy with the local Mazda dealer in KSA

why? do you own a cx 9? what happened??

Nope, Ive not owned a Mazda at all in KSA. However, the feedback I have had from other Mazda owners has not been very comforting.

I have not heard too many problems arising from Mazda owners as such.. But then parts a re a bit more expensive when compared to Toyota.

Paid the amount today and found out that my driving license was expired last month :-( will renew it tomorrow.
One of my friend is suggesting me to take the car to one of polish car places as there is some special type of polish for 1,000 sar which will protect the color and makes the surface even from sands.
I am kind a surprised as why would one take a brand new car for polish?

cheers

You would be surprised at the condition of the paintwork on a new car. To really make it good you would have to machine polish it then wax it.

Save your money on the miracle polish.

Received my cx9 today evening and drove for about 2 hrs along with my family. Wife and kids love it, a great SUV
Interior styling is awesome, happy to join the Mazda family.

Cheers