Best banking options in the Dominican republic

Greetings all, was informed by my attorney that I will need to open a bank account upon applying for residency visa. Any suggestions on the best institution?

I have found that banco Santa Cruze, especially here in Sosua/Cabarete do a great job with expats opening an account.  We have had an account there for over 12 years.

Bob K

Depends where you are and what you need. Some banks have way more ATM s and others have better online banking.

Personally I like scotiabank and banco popular and I really dislike banca reserva!!!

Thanks to both planner and Bob. You guys have been the best in assisting in the process !

Well as I have said before I can only tell you what has worked for me, your circumstances may be different.  Banco Popular by far over Scotia or  Ban Reservas.  Banco Popular is more "user friendly" and requires less documentation.  Also I found that english speakers are more prevalent in Banco Popular.  In my case a bank reference, employment reference or salary validation.  It also helps to have a Dominican address.   I have had my account here for more than 12 years.

Good luck,

Questions and answers about the banking system

Ask your question
Reputable Home FInancing?
By Caribegroupies
Currency exchange
By jennmargar
Bankers Trust
By estella
Question on currency
By tappers
CD % Rates
By Kat11
Sending money to USA
By ChefDan

Expatriate health insurance in Dominican Republic

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Dominican Republic

Moving to the Dominican Republic

Find tips from professionals about moving to the Dominican Republic

Travel insurance in Dominican Republic

Enjoy a stress-free travel across the Dominican Republic

Flights to the Dominican Republic

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to the Dominican Republic