Close

Where to buy a good used car

We are willing to go anywhere in DR to get a good deal on a used (preferably diesel) manual transmission extended cab pick up truck.  (We need to be able to get to our house...)

Any suggestions?  And what price should we expect to pay?

Be very careful about used cars at dealers as many are imported with "bad titles" when shipped here.  Check all cars you are considering with carFax as you will find many left the US with junk titles. flood damage, or the odometer has been rolled back significantly.

Your best bet is to buy from an expat who is selling.  Check your local (DR) bulletin boards (at supermarkets and such)

Bob K

Hello brodies2013,

Sorry for the late reply. I recently had a major car accident and consequently had to replace my formal vehicle. I had a good experience in a car dealership in Santo Domingo. This dealership sells new and used vehicles of many brands. Let me know if you would like more info in the event you have not already purchased a vehicle.

There are some many car dealers in D.R. as "colmados" (small domestic grocery stores), whenever I bought a used car I prefer buying directly from a major car dealer that represents one or more card brands and sell used vehicles that are received in trade for partial payment on a new vehicle, they don't import the vehicle used as must of the dealers around the island that import vehicles in auctions that has been reposes and some are from insurance companies that when you run the CarFax will confirm have been involved in accidents; buying from a major car dealer in Santo Domingo like "Ok Vehículos Usados" that are certified used vehicles all they sell...

Expatriate health insurance in Santo Domingo

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Santo Domingo

Moving to Santo Domingo

Find tips from professionals about moving to Santo Domingo

Travel insurance in Santo Domingo

Enjoy stress-free travel to Santo Domingo

Flights to Santo Domingo

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Santo Domingo