I think go to Malta for study, concern some questions

Hi, everyone

I am Chinese girl, I plan go to Malta for learning English after 2 months, and will stay in Malta for 9 months.

Anyone can help to answer below queries:

1. How about the pronunciation of Maltese?
2. Are there too much Chinese people?
For above 2 questions I concern about language entironment.

3. Can anyone help me to choose the language school for study English? My target is, in 6-9 months, I can fluent in write, speak, listen and reading. And also please advise which city fit me to study and living for 9months.

4. How about the cost of living?

5. Any other suggestions to me?

6. If there are 2 cities can choose, New Zealand and Malta, Which one you think better?

I'm very appreciate your best and honest advise and I will hard to think everyone's.

Happy new year to you all!
;););)
Jenny

Nobody answer me? :/Waiting for your advise, thanks.

Hi Jenny,

It is New Year here in Europe and many are still away or recovering from celebrating.

Many teachers at English language schools are native speakers,in fact my partner is American and teaches English at one of the schools here.

Of course Maltese speak Maltese as a first language, so it is not England or New Zealand. Malta is the perfect combination of good weather,Mediterranean life and learning English.

And to be quite clear , there are not many Chinese in Malta. I'm sure you will find many more in the UK or in New Zealand.

Malta is not a city but a small country with many towns and villages. Just about all the language schools are in Sliema,Gzira or St.Julian's, so you should choose to live in that area.

Check out past posts covering the cost of living. All the language schools offer courses with accomodation either in hotels or in families.You can choose. The schools gives you the various choices and prices on their website.

I hope I could help you a little.

Ricky

There are about 15,000 foreigners living in Gozo and Malta - about 5,000 are British, and about 1,000 are Chinese (many of the Chinese came to live here during Mintoff's era)

Dear Ricky,

Thank you so much for clear reply.

I just thinking where city I should choose?  Sliema,Gzira or St.Julian's I should consider.

And for homestay it must live in the first month who arrived Malta, it seems your local legal?! Language school will provide the accomodation and must pay the first month otherwise I can not get the visa.

Anyway, I will focus on these 2 cities to choose the language after the holiday. Thanks again for your advice.

By the way, whether do not have too much enlish language in Valletta?

Cheers
Jenny

Dear George,

Thanks for your reply, I am so happy and I feel the Marltese are warmly.

I guess the Mintoff is the place or city in Malta. I will consider above which ricky suggest.

Have a nice day.

Regards
Jenny