Close

How to select your ISP - Internet in Vietnam

dudumomo :
eodmatt :

I will do some testing and see - and it wasn't expat.com that blocked me it was viettel as I couldn't get anything to work on the internet unless I used a vpn. However once I had spoken to the viettel engineer my internet magically came back.

Thanks for the help!

Strange.... but I get it...

Well, Mr Vietnam, we have now 1GBPs connection.
Of course Vietnam is far behind KR, JP, HK, TW,... in term of network, but cannot expect something different. I was actually quite surprised to get 60M haha.

But it is coming ;)

Well, 1Gbps will be very nice and close to real world things, BUT ....... will it be reliable? Will it be constant? Or, as normal will it be variable and intermittent?

And will we have the usual silly excuse that we get thrown at us every few months "The Chinese have cut the undersea cable again down near Vung Tau, so you can only surf within Vietnam?"

Oh ts broken again, must be the Chinese...... Ad infinitum, ad nauseam

eodmatt :
dudumomo :
eodmatt :

I will do some testing and see - and it wasn't expat.com that blocked me it was viettel as I couldn't get anything to work on the internet unless I used a vpn. However once I had spoken to the viettel engineer my internet magically came back.

Thanks for the help!

Strange.... but I get it...

Well, Mr Vietnam, we have now 1GBPs connection.
Of course Vietnam is far behind KR, JP, HK, TW,... in term of network, but cannot expect something different. I was actually quite surprised to get 60M haha.

But it is coming ;)

Well, 1Gbps will be very nice and close to real world things, BUT ....... will it be reliable? Will it be constant? Or, as normal will it be variable and intermittent?

And will we have the usual silly excuse that we get thrown at us every few months "The Chinese have cut the undersea cable again down near Vung Tau, so you can only surf within Vietnam?"

Oh ts broken again, must be the Chinese...... Ad infinitum, ad nauseam

Who here has gigabit internet? I want some!

Expatriate health insurance in Vietnam

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Vietnam

Moving to Vietnam

Find tips from professionals about moving to Vietnam

Travel insurance in Vietnam

Enjoy stress-free travel to Vietnam