returning to Canada after 10 years abroad

HI everyone.  I need some information and have been searching the Canadian Gov's websites for hours now but to no avail.   I'm a born and raised Canadian citizen (PEI) who has been living and working in Europe for about 10 years now, with the exception of a four month stay in Ontario in 2010.   I am faced with the eventual possibility of having to return to Canada for health reasons and need to know if any of you can help me out with the following information:  Do any of you know of any agencies who provide assistance with finding an apartment, room, etc. for someone who has no job or home to return to and very little money.   I know there are some, but I have no idea who they are.  I always worked and paid my taxes when I lived in Canada and never used any form of social services but had a horrible time in 2010 trying to resettle in Ontario, which by the way amounted to nothing and me leaving the country again for Europe. That experience burned me and I got the impression that Canada hates expats.   I hope I'm wrong about this and would love to hear some encouraging and up-building experiences from any of you who went through this ordeal.  And I will be eternally grateful for any information about assistance programs, agencies and/or charities who might be able to help.  Thanks and thanks and thanks.

Questions and answers about Canada

Ask your question
future immigrant look for advice
By kisha1980
Your best business development ideas in Canada
By Priscilla
Cost of living in Canada – 2015
Moving to Canada from the UK. Where to Start.....?
By BigRustyBear
Looking for mauritians in Toronto
By Nazia1

Expatriate health insurance in Canada

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Canada

Moving to Canada

Find tips from professionals about moving to Canada

Travel insurance in Canada

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Canada

Flights to Canada

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Canada