Meeting people

Good day we arrived in Mauritius 3 weeks ago what an amazing lifestyle.  I have a 15 year old daughter my husband does alot of traveling so looking to meet people in the same situation.  I am in Flic en Flac.

Thanks Patricia

Hi Patricia, I just joined yesterday and am wondering if expats would be interested in learning conversational french in a classroom setting to meet learn french and meet other expats in MRU.

Please see the thread here … 49#3327669 as I've asked some basic questions and you can find more info if you're interested. If the link doesn't work, just search for LEARN FRENCH on the search bar.

Hi Veronica thanks for the offer but I have done a crash course in French while in SA

All the best!

Hi Patricia

If ever you are interested in getting a little knowledge about the local language (Mauritian Creole) please do contact me.

I also think that its good to have more contact with French cause nearly all Mauritian understand French whereas you can have certain difficulties with English.

Anyway, all the best for you.

You will find various threads of information on this site and there are a number of people who live in Flic en Flac, Tamarin and Black River.
What are your interests as that might help with people contacting you. Eg sport, yoga,crafts, socializing. Also are you looking for things to do during the day or the evening?

Questions and answers about Mauritius

Ask your question
shen wei
looking for a lunch partner at ebene
By shen wei
Wisahl & Adrian
South African family thinking of moving to Mauritius
By Wisahl & Adrian
South africans looking to relocate in Mauritius
By kirajorge
Michelle Chan

Expatriate health insurance in Mauritius

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Mauritius

Moving to Mauritius

Find tips from professionals about moving to Mauritius

Travel insurance in Mauritius

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Mauritius

Flights to Mauritius

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Mauritius