Close

Looking for good places for afternoon tea in Jakarta

Could someone in the ExpatCom  list out some good places for good afternoon tea......good ambience and good tea and pastries.

Where? Jakarta  or Bali or Ternate? or somewhere else.

You can try Union at Grand Indonesia / Plaza Senayan

Yep, or Cafe Batavia or any upscale mall for a cup of tea

lukereg wrote:

Yep, or Cafe Batavia

Been there once, but it won't be twice.

Thank you

Usually some of the 5 star hotels offer afternoon tea, perhaps worth checking out the Mandarin Oriental or the Grand Hyatt. I haven't tried these places, but Mandarin Orientals are generally well known for their cakes and pastries and I would guess that they do a nice afternoon tea.

Thank you Hansson.

Hi. Try Paul's resto.  I m not sure about ambience but it is hard to find a good pastries in Jakarta. Everywhere the same thing .
Depends  what you like.
Most of the European pastries do not taste good here.Some ingredients contain additives that is why it taste   :/

Hi Lena, where is Paul's restaurant? I might go have a look myself.

Hi. I believe one in Senayan Plaza the other one in Plaza Indonesia ( or grand Indonesia) i always get confused which one is which. U can find address online.

Try Chocolate fudge cake in Pizza express. Colonial in Lippo Mall has some edible  of pastries.

lena palha wrote:

Try Chocolate fudge cake in Pizza express.

I rarely go to pizza express but they are very good, and their menu offers choices unavailable in most pizza places.
Afternoon tea isn't really their bag.

Much as 4 O'clock tea isn't my cup of tea, I've noticed many hotels have it.
I believe the big one near Giant, Bintaro does it, but it's likely to be expensive.
I see from another post you visit Bintaro, so I did a little google, finding quite a few places.

GOOGLED

It is not for me. I mostly bake my own pastries . I was just trying to help someone who asked this question.

lena palha wrote:

I mostly bake my own pastries

I hope to receive an invitation to 4 O'clock tea in the near future. :D

More seriously; I've never been a fan of afternoon tea in that fashion as my day just doesn't work that way, but I can see how many people would like it.

Questions and answers about leisure

Ask your question
Hansson
Places to visit in Bandung
By Hansson
Hansson
A Short Trip to Yogyakarta
By Hansson
PhilCoulson
badminton sundays
By PhilCoulson
Hansson
How to take great photographs
By Hansson
Hansson
Taman Safari Indonesia
By Hansson
Hansson
My Travels in West Sumatra
By Hansson

Expatriate health insurance in Indonesia

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Indonesia

Moving to Indonesia

Find tips from professionals about moving to Indonesia

Travel insurance in Indonesia

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Indonesia

Flights to Indonesia

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Indonesia