Absolutely Anything Else

One thing I can say is we never , ever went to church as kids.
Once I went to temple with my Step-dad;s younger sister, she married a Jewish man and converted. Think I was about 8 years old, only went with her once, it was rather peaceful and pretty inside.
Mom had those JW's come to our house off and on, my dad used to skip out and go to the bar when we had those Bible studies.
Think he was sad when mom quit, no more excuse for his weekly mid week bar roaming.

Yesterday was really nice outside, we walked to the park and placed a few rounds of ping-pong. table tennis.
I lost 2 to 1...Of course by our 3rd. round I had finished my beer so that may of done something to my performance.
Then about 30 mins of frisbee tossing.
Good way to test out my post surgery shoulder... So far so good.

Yes, mom did not believe in sparing the rod that's for sure.
She believed in being humble,never becoming too full of yourself etc.
No idea how my mom and dad ever got together as they both had such different personalities.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

Once I went to temple with my Step-dad;s younger sister, she married a Jewish man and converted. Think I was about 8 years old, only went with her once, it was rather peaceful and pretty inside.
Mom had those JW's come to our house off and on, my dad used to skip out and go to the bar when we had those Bible studies.
Think he was sad when mom quit, no more excuse for his weekly mid week bar roaming.

Yesterday was really nice outside, we walked to the park and placed a few rounds of ping-pong. table tennis.
I lost 2 to 1...Of course by our 3rd. round I had finished my beer so that may of done something to my performance.
Then about 30 mins of frisbee tossing.
Good way to test out my post surgery shoulder... So far so good.

No idea how my mom and dad ever got together as they both had such different personalities.

JWs are always in trouble in the UK especially when it comes to kids.  Been a recurrent thing.  If the JW's kid is in hospital and needs an operation, they will sometimes apply to make the kid a ward of the court so that the job can be done and blood and treatment can be given in case of emergencies.   

In the past,  here, and elsewhere,  we've had the Mormons at the door a few times over the years.   I used to like arguing with them but I cannot be bothered these days.  Since we are somewhat lefty but definitely liberals we're almost best mates with Lucifer as one can be. 

I'm not saying anything more about the rod and being humble.  Seems to be two opposite aspects of misguided religious zealotry.  And there's nothing with an occasional beer.

I was out cycling yesterday and it was up to 27 C here.   I only did about  9km but that was up and down in the hills.  I had not been for a while so I took it as a test of my abilities, dodgy knees and hips etc.  Seems fine - using them makes then feel better. I'll try again maybe on Saturday and this time I will try and get the Fluffyettes to come along.   

Last night I woke up around 04.30 and it was really raining. That's screwed up my outside work for today as I need to be high up on a ladder with a large drill.   I have been trying to get all my home jobs done before I get sent somewhere and the weather has not been favourable to getting squared away.   We always seem to have stuff to do.

Nice surprise today was our cherry tree had gone from a few buds to major flowering overnight.  Very pretty and it means fruit!  Kids love the cherries.

My husband is crazy about cherries as well.
His fave time of year is cherry season.
We almost bought a house here years ago because they had nice cherry trees.
I talked him out of it, the house was only 50% finished.

Love the rain, getting sunny now, husband is in the middle of making flower pots for our windows, planting that is.
Nice to have a bit of color on the windowsills.

I knew a Mormon lady years back who lived in our apt. complex.
I swear she was the nicest, prettiest most fun person.
Her husband had joined her faith so she was not "hard core" in many ways.
She was 100% the most fem and active women I ever knew.
Just a sweet human who never pushed her faith on anyone.
She got me into going to the gym with her, she taught exercise classes.
Her girl and my son used to play and swim together.
She was a perfect mother and wife, I mean it.
Always dressed nice with makeup on, her nails done  up but she never overspent money on herself either.
She had 3 children but her husband wanted her to wear makeup and stay fit.
She was always even tempered.
One of our neighbors moved about 30 mins away.
Her husband was going to medical school and they moved to a cheaper place because of his schooling costs.
One of her young girls was hit by a car while crossing the st. Running in the home to get ice for their summer lemon aid stand.
Just a tragic accident.
This women was a mess, our Mormon friend went beyond kind, sitting with her kids in the hospital with this women days after day. Bringing meals for her and her husband  and just being a friend.
I always think about that, I liked that other lady too but I couldn't deal with hospital sits etc. like our Mormon friend did.
Yes, that women did covert to be a Mormon too but the kindness shown her changed her life. Before that she was a bit of a coke head and a bit too wild, would sometimes forget her kids and go out to party etc.
Just saying, some people really do follow their faith and aren't phoney.
I am not that "good " if that's the gauge for being good.
On top of being the perfect wife, mother, friend and daughter she didn't mind that her husband had 3 or 4 motocross bikes sitting in the middle of their living room.
He was a professional motocross rider and the bike co. were always giving him bikes to test out.
Not many women could have 3 kids and 4 bikes in their small apt. and still smile and always look great.
I will now think of old Viv's example of kindness and light... My husband is making a huge mess in my kitchen with his planting... She was a saint.

;

While I'm waiting to begin my kitchen clean up I will share  sad tale of a stood up bride groom.
I wouldn't of thought of him but since mentioning baby names earlier on this site and weddings over the past few days, his sad tale came to mind.
My husband also by pure chance saw a photo on FB of this man's daughter, now all grown up and around 40 years old.
Not really gossip I hope since the tale happened over 40 years ago.

Our room mate on Maui was a super smart young if a bit socially awkward man just a year or two older then I.
He saw my husband as a big brother and often got advice on things from him, didn't always listen but asked.

He was Hungarian too.
He met a Hungarian women on Maui and they soon became a couple.
He had allot of friends on Maui and she didn't know many people.
He invited tons of his co workers and friends from his theater group to his big wedding.
I was already off the Island otherwise I might of given different advice to him about making it such a big social event.
The bride was pregnant with our friends child, about 6 months along or more.
She ( the cow) started a love affair behind our friends back with another HU guy.
Wedding day was coming, all his friends were in the church waiting for the ceremony to start.
The bride never showed up, she had taken a early morning flight off the Island with the other man, even though she was about to give birth to our friends baby.
Our friend was so mortified that he ran home, packed a bag and also left the Island for good.
All the people were just waiting in the church wondering where everyone was.
On FB it looked like the girl has the step-dad last name.
Just so messed up.
last time we saw our old roomie he had recovered and was dating a super hot looking Chinese model, moved to Thailand.
Life is weird sometimes.

Marilyn Tassy, go with tvmucho.com much better and beter chouce of channels than the othrs. The service is much much better and you get a chouce of women's channels too like HowtoBuuldSOmethingInAnHour or somehthing.

tv mucho is the best. Apparently there is a proggramme called "Sixty Minute Makeover"on BBC that does a room in sixty minutes. HAHAHAH! My paint takes twice as long to dry than that. I have never watched it cos I assumed  from the title it would be about lipstick and perfume etc programmer. The missus says they do a room in sixty minutes. HAHAHAHA

All these DIY programmes are a bit weird aren't they. I learned from Disccovery Channel that size is not  important. I believed them, but all my new wallpaper fell off.

Marilyn Tassy, go with tvmucho.com much better and beter chouce of channels than the othrs. The service is much much better and you get a chouce of women's channels too like HowtoBuuldSOmethingInAnHour or somehthing.

tv mucho is the best. Apparently there is a proggramme called "Sixty Minute Makeover"on BBC that does a room in sixty minutes. HAHAHAH! My paint takes twice as long to dry than that. I have never watched it cos I assumed  from the title it would be about lipstick and perfume etc programmer. The missus says they do a room in sixty minutes. HAHAHAHA!

But then never let them tell you that size is not important. I thought that once, then all my new wallpaper fell off.

SimonTrew wrote:

....But then never let them tell you that size is not important. I thought that once, then all my new wallpaper fell off.

They also say it's how you use it.   We took the risk out of it by not having wallpaper.  A decent bit of goo would sort it out anyway.

I just drilled a 100mm diameter hole in my kitchen wall for a vent.   

So much easier if you have the right tools of the right size and depth certainly makes it a more enjoyable experience. 

With that kind of diameter you need to push gently as it's a grind action.  Definitely not on hammer. I was quite relieved when I managed to get all the way through as I thought I would come up a bit short. 

Cleaning up after is always a pain but a quick rub down a wet cloth sorted it out reasonably quickly.

fluffy2560 wrote:
SimonTrew wrote:

....But then never let them tell you that size is not important. I thought that once, then all my new wallpaper fell off.

They also say it's how you use it.   We took the risk out of it by not having wallpaper.  A decent bit of goo would sort it out anyway.

So much easier if you have the right tools of the right size and depth certainly makes it a more enjoyable experience. 

With that kind of diameter you need to push gently as it's a grind action.  Definitely not on hammer. I was quite relieved when I managed to get all the way through as I thought I would come up a bit short. 

Cleaning up after is always a pain but a quick rub down a wet cloth sorted it out reasonably quickly.

Did you use a hole saw or the whole saw? I saw you saw the hole, I said, that hole (it shows) will cater. But 100 mill in that hole there is quite a fat potato,.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

Kids,yes, not sure how my mom survived having 6 of them.
Her first age age 23 and last at age 46.
Just when she was off the hook she started all over again.
Holding my baby sis in her arms at my eldest sisters wedding and having a bun in the oven with my baby bro.
We joked back then that it was usually the bride that was expecting, not the mother of the bride!

Mom's rule was we were her problem until we were 18 then we were out the door.
Worked for her pretty well except for the last two. She tended to baby them allot but no way did we ever sleep in our parents room bed, no way ever.
She tried hard to make us all independent of her.
She lost her mom when she was 13 and tried to teach us to rely on ourself as she learned to do.
Super strict and super God fearing women. Always some Bible quote if we acted up or got too full of our self. Humble person.
Dad on the other hand... Ego manic, funny charming, super handsome.
Put it this way he charmed himself back into our lives after he got my mom's BFF a married women pregnant. Even my step- dad found him to be a fun guy to have a few brews with.
He was probably the most selfish person born but charming as heck. My sisters had issues finding a nice husband because maybe of our dad's behavior, in my case it was easy.. Just married a person 180 degrees different then my dad. Only thing in common was they both were from eastern Europe.

My MIL was also a twin, born with a brother. Sadly he passed away when they were 2 months old.
She was the youngest of 9 kids, all the rest were boys!
Must of been hard to score a date with her with all of those older brothers keeping an eye on her.

OMG> I just realized in my silly fashion that I might of made my husband sound like a unattractive non charming person. Not at all, I meant he is missing the "selfish" gene.
He is one of he most unselfish people I know, not a door mat at all, no way but he never thinks of himself first.

Never doubted it. There is a charachhter (completely fictituous) in Private Eye, the British saririclal magazine, called Polly Filla. (Polyfilla is a brand of spackle). She forever writes about her husband, the 'useless Simon' while she has nineteen children (Intelligentsia Alexia and Smartwit  Confusious and so on). Her sometime lover, Phil Space, sometimes fills up the column when she is too busy. It is basically a parody on all the gossip columns. Philliipa Room occurs occasionally when there is a political argument about tenancy. Lunchtime O'Booze is your regu;lar correspondent about musical matters (reggering backwards of corse to Boulez, the composer, and the tendency for journalists to drink). So Private Eye has a lot of kinda strange in jokes that it takes a while to get used to. THe Queen is always Brenda. When the first new coming child was born Private Eye's front page headline was WOMAN HAS BABY . They are extremely satirifical get sued quite a lot and do probably the best investigative journalism in the country. It is run by a fuctitious proprieotor, Lorg Gnome, who occasonally writes things of completely no inmport at all. Perhaps that is the British tradition, to kinda laugh at thinks. Perhaps this is why we win wars all the time. Because we don't think we are the best. (We KNOW IT)

fluffy2560 wrote:
SimonTrew wrote:

Well what you need obviously is the basic forms of protection, plastic protectives on your body etc. If some sutf gets into your mouth, you can easily spit it out, or swallowk and a glass o d beer aftwrwards shoulld clear it. If that doesn't help, try drinking very strong palinka

Now, you are going to harsh with having him smacking it in in one go. Go slowly, and get a slow rhythm, and before you know it everything will be happy.

Because otherwise you are just going to have an enormous cock up,.

SimonTrew wrote:
fluffy2560 wrote:
SimonTrew wrote:

Did you use a hole saw or the whole saw? I saw you saw the hole, I said, that hole (it shows) will cater. But 100 mill in that hole there is quite a fat potato,.

I used a 100mm core drill like this:

100mm core drill

It goes straight through the kind masonry they use here which are more like bricks made of a tile material than say concrete.

SimonTrew wrote:

....Well what you need obviously is the basic forms of protection, plastic protectives on your body etc. If some sutf gets into your mouth, you can easily spit it out, or swallowk and a glass o d beer aftwrwards shoulld clear it. If that doesn't help, try drinking very strong palinka

Now, you are going to harsh with having him smacking it in in one go. Go slowly, and get a slow rhythm, and before you know it everything will be happy.

Because otherwise you are just going to have an enormous cock up,.

I had some one piece throwaway suits but I couldn't be bothered to get one out. 

I did wonder if I needed some kind lubrication - water usually - but decided it'd be just more messing about than getting straight in there while there was motivation.  After all it's only going to be hot for a short period while giving it some heavy friction.  Thereafter it'll cool off really quickly.  Mrs Fluffy had a look and said it was very neat and tidy and a good job.  I think we're both looking forward to using it now it's fully available.   

I usually nod off after that kind of session.  I settled on some tea (Tetley's) afterwards as it was lunch time and I needed to keep awake for the afternoon jobs -  I had to put some screws and sealant on a pipe adaptor.

Overall, a happy ending.

fluffy2560 wrote:

I usually nod off after that kind of session.  I settled on some tea (Tetley's) afterwards as it was lunch time and I needed to keep awake for the afternoon jobs -  I had to put some screws and sealant on a pipe adaptor.

Overall, a happy ending.

Wll typical woman job bodginig it like that. What you needed, patemtly. for a bit of screwing in the afternoon was a a nice man who could come round with a small tool and give it a turn. PG Tips for me. and overalls, overall are overrated,

Is this site infested with women who know how to do things? I have chosen the wrong sitre. I want to be a patronising seixist bastard, but you're all too clever for me.

SimonTrew wrote:
fluffy2560 wrote:

Overall, a happy ending.

can a i see a pic of you in your overalls fnarr fnarr.

Wll typical woman job bodginig it like that. What you needed, patently. for a bit of screwing in the afternoon was a competent bulder and a decent cup of PG tips. That is totally what a bodge job, Tetley teas. And  I  bet you didnt even have biscuits either.

I know, I know, Tetley's is not very proper but I have to use them up.  I've still got a giant pile of them.  All the Yorkshire Tea has gone and the PG I'm keeping in reserve for emergencies like civil war or conflict with Russia. 

I was trying to do a good job - I did have my trousers half way down my bum and I did have a big mug (of tea) on the go during the activity.  I also put my pencil behind my ear. 

We didn't have any biscuits so we just had to make do with some salty nuts I had to hand.

fluffy2560 wrote:

100mm core drill

It goes straight through the kind masonry they use here which are more like bricks made of a tile material than say concrete.

Lucky you.

We have stone walls. Had to "mine" my way through the 60 cm thick walls. Pulling out stones.

Twice. (Needed to do two holes over the years).

klsallee wrote:
fluffy2560 wrote:

100mm core drill

Lucky you.

We have stone walls. Had to "mine" my way through the 60 cm thick walls. Pulling out stones.

Twice. (Needed to do two holes over the years).

If it's limestone then the core drill will work but granite or something like it, forget it!  Brick is about the toughest thing it will go through.

fluffy2560 wrote:

We didn't have any biscuits so we just had to make do with some salty nuts I had to hand.

Well salty nuts are the nicest for a girl to lick around.

I actually DO tend to keep a pencil behind my ear. WHere else is one supposed to put it (er, I can see the suggestions coming already). Best place for it very practical to keep it there.

"Now, that's not my ear, mine had a pencil behind it".

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

(dot dot dot)

Yes my Mum and Dad were very dissimilar too, wondered how they got along. My missus and I are a but like that, if we need to move a table from one room to another, guaranteed by the time wi have finished the table is six feet longer and two feet narrower, from being stretched, No, move it this way. No THIS way. No THIS way. Somehow we get there.

My mum I would not say she was a great hitter but certainly it was there when we needed it. I never hit, man or woman, I don't believe in it. But I do think a child needs a good smack now and again, and the laws, like in Scotland that ban you from smacking children (call it smacking hitting I don't care) are wrong. Sometimes a child needs a smack. You cannot always reason with them.

I bet you if my sister had smacked my newphew (here in Hungary) he would have learned not to put stuff up the chimney and set fire to it (their house burned down). That is the kind of thing where it needs a SMACK. Never to hurt the child, that is wrong. But sometimes you cannot explain, right now, the art of chimney construction and expulsion of flammable gases and Boyle''s Law etc. You have to give a quick whack, never ever to hurt the child, but to keep him or her out of danger. You can explain afterwards but at the time a smack gets them out of danger.

That is my view anyway.

Having children to stay or going on holiday with children tries my patience these days. I am OK with over elevens but the younger ones are too screechy.  I was fantastic as a mother but as a grandmother I view most younger children as totally spoilt. Even my neighbours seem to allow their children anything. When I get on to public transport I am very careful where I sit and I move if necessary.
Is it a change in me or a change in children?  BOTH.

I also can't take being around loud children these days.
Some children are sweet but that's because their parents are calm people or something.
I dislike flying very much but a few years back on a long haul flight from Vegas to the US east coast then off to the EU.  There was a young black family from Ethiopia.
The father was holding the boy and the mom the baby girl about 16 months old. Guess the 2 kids were young enough to be allowed to sit on their parents laps on that flight.
The kids didn't move or make a peep.
I mentioned to the mom how good her kids were and she just smiled.
After a bit I asked if she would allow me to hold her girl for awhile because the mom looked cramped.
She let me hold her girl and dang, I fell in love with that kid, didn't want to give her back. ( No not a Angelina Joile  issue) Held her for a couple of hours and played with her, such a calm little thing.Totally out of my normal behavior with strange kids.
The parents forgot to bring snacks and that domestic flight didn't offer anything to eat.
I gave them snacks for their kids and really enjoyed watching them eat, so peaceful, maybe it was cultural the way the parents treated the kids because I have not seen kids this nice since seeing Hippie kids in Hawaii who didn't fight,scream or act up.

Kids are a reflection of their family.
Guess that's why my mom always read us the riot act before we went to visit anyone or go anywhere with her.
She would excuse herself and take us outside if needed, a few wacks and we knew what was up.
She was proud to say we were the only grandchildren allowed inside our Rusyn grandfahter's home.
Sat there for hours and raised our hands if we needed something. Not allowed to talk and bother the adults, could only whisper between ourselves but if mom flashed us the "look" we knew what might come if we didn't stop.
Of course after we got home we were allowed to run outside and vent.
Not so fun to sit for hours wearing those pinafore style slips, dresses and little hats. Gloves too if my memory serves me right.
She was all about manners and not so much about freedom.

fluffy2560 wrote:

If it's limestone then the core drill will work but granite or something like it, forget it!

Basalt. Local stone. Plenty of extinct volcano here. Makes good soil for wine.

And put together with dirt between. Pointless trying to cut or drill anything. Easier to remove them, one by one and hope things do not collapse.

klsallee wrote:
fluffy2560 wrote:

If it's limestone then the core drill will work but granite or something like it, forget it!

Basalt. Local stone. Plenty of extinct volcano here. Makes good soil for wine.

And put together with dirt between. Pointless trying to cut or drill anything. Easier to remove them, one by one and hope things do not collapse.

You could drill basalt but then one would have to ask why.

I say drill but really they aren't drills, they are more like grinders.   They just grind down the surface in a circular way.   As they grind, they aren't used on hammer action.  At the end you end up with a cylinder core of brick, masonry or whatever.

My own version is supposedly "diamond" tipped which of course should easily be able to tackle brick but I doubt the diamond is really diamond.

It does make very nice neat holes but my electric drill is only about  300W and this is not enough really.   It needs something like a 600W minimum to have enough motor power to turn the heavy bit and extension bars during the cutting. Too low a power and it'll jam up as you wobble holding it up to the object.   

Oh, and it's using SDS fittings for the drill chuck so that's another thing which adds up on the cost of the job.  SDS drill bits are rather good.  I got some very long drills in Aldi.  Sometimes they have long drill bits and other tools that are useful for drilling through walls.

SimonTrew wrote:

My mum I would not say she was a great hitter but certainly it was there when we needed it. I never hit, man or woman, I don't believe in it. But I do think a child needs a good smack now and again, and the laws, like in Scotland that ban you from smacking children (call it smacking hitting I don't care) are wrong. Sometimes a child needs a smack. You cannot always reason with them.

I bet you if my sister had smacked my newphew (here in Hungary) he would have learned not to put stuff up the chimney and set fire to it (their house burned down). That is the kind of thing where it needs a SMACK. Never to hurt the child, that is wrong. But sometimes you cannot explain, right now, the art of chimney construction and expulsion of flammable gases and Boyle''s Law etc. You have to give a quick whack, never ever to hurt the child, but to keep him or her out of danger. You can explain afterwards but at the time a smack gets them out of danger....

My view:

I've got 4 kids in total and we have never used violence against them for the purposes of discipline.  We work on the basis of adults being adults and kids being kids. 

If violence arises then you've immediately lost legitimacy as the adult in the relationship and now you are operating at the same level of the child.  In other words, you've lost control of the situation.

We have found that merely speaking very strongly and directly (and I do not mean shouting or acting aggressively)  is enough to bring most children to tears in seconds if not minutes.

Plenty of examples here of techniques to avoid violence: Supernanny

These things work until kids are about 12 whereupon they move to being mini-adults and can be reasoned with - unless something else is wrong.

fluffy2560 wrote:

I say drill but really they aren't drills, they are more like grinders.   They just grind down the surface in a circular way.   As they grind, they aren't used on hammer action.  At the end you end up with a cylinder core of brick, masonry or whatever.

I have diamond bits. Diamond cutting wheels. Tried it. The bits cut.... then because the stones are just stacked with dirt, they just move about, and at times, worse, just fall out anyway.

This is how our walls look:

https://stcoemgen.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/rockanddirt.jpg

So a waste of time to use power tools. Not possible to have neat round holes. But... meh.... they were plastered over anyway, so I guess it does not matter if the holes are round or not. But it still was quite a bit of work to do the wall mining.

klsallee wrote:

This is how our walls look:

[img align=C]https://stcoemgen.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/rockanddirt.jpg[/url]

So a waste of time to use power tools. Not possible to have neat round holes. But... meh.... they were plastered over anyway, so I guess it does not matter if the holes are round or not. But it still was quite a bit of work to do the wall mining.

I see what you mean.  Not a chance on that kind of thing.  I would have thought you'd need to put some supports through the wall to make any openings or inject some concrete grout into it to try and stabilise it before digging.  The whole thing could collapse with risk to life and limb.

On my shed conversion (to a garage), we're going to use these (pics below) with metal supports ("needles") stuck through the wall to support the upper part of it.  Then we'll build two columns to support a steel beam across the opening.  Pretty standard stuff.

Acrow Props

SimonTrew wrote:

tv mucho is the best. Apparently there is a proggramme called "Sixty Minute Makeover"on BBC that does a room in sixty minutes. HAHAHAH! My paint takes twice as long to dry than that. I have never watched it cos I assumed  from the title it would be about lipstick and perfume etc programmer. The missus says they do a room in sixty minutes. HAHAHAHA

All these DIY programmes are a bit weird aren't they. I learned from Disccovery Channel that size is not  important. I believed them, but all my new wallpaper fell off.

Check out www.firstonetv.net you get even more and its FREE or for even more https://www.mobdro.to/ but that's for android tablets and phones.

anns wrote:

Having children to stay or going on holiday with children tries my patience these days. I am OK with over elevens but the younger ones are too screechy.  I was fantastic as a mother but as a grandmother I view most younger children as totally spoilt. Even my neighbours seem to allow their children anything. When I get on to public transport I am very careful where I sit and I move if necessary.
Is it a change in me or a change in children?  BOTH.

I'm old school, kids should be seen and not heard  ;) But modern-day kids seem to be more spoilt and have computers, TV in bedrooms, latest game consols.... When I was growing up. If I wanted something I had to pay for it myself.

SimCityAT wrote:

...Check out www.firstonetv.net you get even more and its FREE or for even more https://www.mobdro.to/ but that's for android tablets and phones.

Tried Mobdro and it works quite well but I stopped using it as it seems to be full of malware and annoying adverts.

Oh, btw, re: Facebook etc., I was looking a news article about Syrian gas attacks and I found the story was interrupted by an advert for gardening tools from Aldi or Lidl. 

Talk about irrelevant trivialisation of a serious issue.

I can't figure out WTF is going on in Syria.
I am so tired of the US being the "bad guy".
Those poor people just trying to do their daily grind and someone tosses a bomb their way.
I'll have to look on some news programs but I personally do not trust any of these major news stations any longer.

My niece was not spanked at all by my sister or her husband but I have found out the "evil step-mom" used to swat my beautiful niece.
I met this lady just after my sis and her ex divorced.
Like I've mentioned in the past, my sis was "something else" told me she had a 3 way once with her ex and his new wife!!!
Sorry, I am not that open minded at all....

Back to children.
My niece was a angle as a kid, I know for a fact.
I lived with my sis for about 6 months just when she took a break from her marriage, I was 17 and babysat for 3 months all summer long everyday for over 10 hours a day during the week. Even sat on weekends when my sister went on a date.
Got very close to my little 3 year old niece.
Never ever did she act up or be any trouble around me, she is smart and wouldn't  freak out if no one is upsetting her.
I used to walk all over Hollywood with her in her baby stroller, probably everyone thought I was a teen mom because I was always with her.'She barely spoke back then ( now she will upstage even me with her talking...) Never cried or did anything wrong.
No, she was a cool kid, can't figure out why her step-mom would  go off on her except perhaps she had other issues with my ex BIL.
Poor women though, she had a total "Natalie Wood "death.
Fell off a boat and drown.
Very strange.
So my ex BIL has put 2 ex's to rest... Hmmm.

My son called us today, he noticed trucks putting up wires near his job onto poles for the new 5G.
He is freaking out, wants to get out of the US before they either fry everyone's brain or do a lock down on travel, which could happen if we pay attention to how insane things are.
He has plans to leave for Japan before the end of the year or soon after that.
He is either facing one of those classic mid life things or onto something that is really going down soon.
His FIL owns a house near a S. Japan city up in the mountains and they are planning on going there to rest and regroup.His in-laws live in the near by city in a newer home.
Makes me a bit sad to think my next visit to my son might be our last unless we go to Japan or he comes to HU.
Can't help it, being a mom is not easy, my husband on the other hand seems to except all new changes and new things very easy.
He says after all our boy is 42 and it's time for him to grow up.
Would be nice if we all could return to a more simple time.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

I can't figure out WTF is going on in Syria.
I am so tired of the US being the "bad guy".
Those poor people just trying to do their daily grind and someone tosses a bomb their way.
I'll have to look on some news programs but I personally do not trust any of these major news stations any longer.
Poor women though, she had a total "Natalie Wood "death.
Fell off a boat and drown.
Very strange.
So my ex BIL has put 2 ex's to rest... Hmmm.

My son called us today, he noticed trucks putting up wires near his job onto poles for the new 5G.
He is freaking out, wants to get out of the US before they either fry everyone's brain or do a lock down on travel, which could happen if we pay attention to how insane things are.
He has plans to leave for Japan before the end of the year or soon after that.
He is either facing one of those classic mid life things or onto something that is really going down soon.

When I was working in Syria before the war we had high hopes that a visit by a senior official from the US would improve the situation there.  But nope, nothing - it was incoherent.  No wonder most of the stuff there was Chinese.   

Then we had George Dubya/Tony Blair and Iraq.  And the rest is history and indeed where we are now.  I am sure that if George and Tony had formulated the right approach, then things would have been very different. 

But the whole region is criss-crossed with hypocrisy - look at support for oil rich countries like Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Kuwait or Qatar - all of which come well down on Human Rights scores.   Except Syria doesn't have much oil - it's just about self-sufficient.   

BTW,  I was looking at Nikki Haley's profile on Wikipedia as she's in the news.  She's the US ambassador to the UN.  I was wondering if she ever came up against OV - she's actually from a Sikh family and a former governor so pretty interesting background - if she'd mention the "Orban vagy turban" thing. 

Are you sure that your son isn't a victim of fake news?  LV is thousands of miles away from anything going on in the Middle East.    Japan is more likely to get zapped more than LV.   I think we're under threat more here as we're rather close to Ukraine.

As for Natalie....at the time people were making bad taste jokes about her....What kind of Wood doesn't float?   I always thought she was a great actress from relatively humble origins - she had Russian parents but never seen any reports of her speaking Russian.  And of course Natalie and Robert were quite the  "perfect" couple.  Strange business.  Christopher Walken was on the boat when she hit the water.  Great actor too and a former dancer - always works in a small routine into his movie roles.

My boy is more worried about the new wireless 5G network then being nuked by outside forces.
Between the chemtrails in the sky, the water , GMO foods and microwaves coming through the walls of homes with 5 G, he is ready to hit it for the hills. Lead paint might help but that's been outlawed.
Lead paint is safer then 5 G.Unless of course you eat paint.
I've been reading up on 5 G too, way too much not really a good thing for anyone,almost a strong as a weapon grade rad, it can disturb oxygen molecules in the body and worst.
Afraid we will see allot more ill people when this is rolled out and in full force.

He thinks everyone is living in a hive mind, well yes, sort of with the internet and people not being in reality with texting all the time and watching mindless shows. He does the same but hates it, wants to be in nature in Japan and study his language skills.
Time for his wife to work for a few years, he has been supporting her 100% since they met. He wants a short break before working again and letting her have time to have kids.
It's not easy to know what is the best course of action sometimes, might as well make his mistakes now before he has kids and there is a higher price to pay for a mistake.
I've already moved on with being a "granny" if he waits any longer he will have to change my nappy at the same time as a baby! Getting too old to care about playing in the park or whatever grandparents do .
No, just joking, it would be nice if he really had a family, if it's in Japan then I guess I'll have to learn some Japanese too.

He has been wanting to live in Japan for a long time now and this is the push he needs maybe.
We'll see, we were considering buying a home with him but since he is so ready for a big change we will have to wait and see.
His wife will be getting her US citizenship this fall after she studies a bit and has finished her time in the US as required.
Just in case they move to Japan and change their minds, she can enter without too much hassle, just the hassle they give all their citizens on entry.
So strict these days in the states with everything.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

My boy is more worried about the new wireless 5G network then being nuked by outside forces.
Between the chemtrails in the sky, the water , GMO foods and microwaves coming through the walls of homes with 5 G, he is ready to hit it for the hills. Lead paint might help but that's been outlawed.
Lead paint is safer then 5 G.Unless of course you eat paint....

He thinks everyone is living in a hive mind, well yes, sort of with the internet and people not being in reality with texting all the time and watching mindless shows. He does the same but hates it, wants to be in nature in Japan and study his language skills.

We're bombarded with all kinds of radiation anyway, from any electrical machines we have as a civilisation and even from outer space.   The kinds of power used in smartphones is really small and unlikely to make any difference. 

He can "insulate" his house by putting a metal grid on all the inside walls (and over the windows).  This is called a Faraday cage.  This will stop radio waves from entering the house but the grid has to be sufficiently small to stop high frequencies entering.

He could always move to Green Bank.

Hive minds...yes, he's right, we're in the Matrix except even more shocking than the horror of the Keanu Reeves version,  it's the hell of the Facebook social media matrix

fluffy2560 wrote:

I see what you mean.  Not a chance on that kind of thing.  I would have thought you'd need to put some supports through the wall to make any openings or inject some concrete grout into it to try and stabilise it before digging.  The whole thing could collapse with risk to life and limb.

I ended up digging from both sides. So was only reaching in 30 cm at most from each side. And used a long crowbar to remove the stones. Tried to keep my hands and arms out of the hole as much as possible. Inserted water pipe, and replaced stones with mortar, not dirt.

fluffy2560 wrote:

On my shed conversion (to a garage), we're going to use these (pics below) with metal supports ("needles") stuck through the wall to support the upper part of it.  Then we'll build two columns to support a steel beam across the opening.  Pretty standard stuff.

Yes, pretty standard. I have done short spans, over doors for example. Never one that long however needing mid-supports.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

I've been reading up on 5 G too, way too much not really a good thing for anyone,almost a strong as a weapon grade rad, it can disturb oxygen molecules in the body and worst..

These days anyone can write and publish anything onto the Internet. A lot of it is complete non-sense. Written by people who do not really understand the topic they are writing about. In this case, physics.

The issue with 5G with water and oxygen is called attenuation. Actually, attenuation is a complex topic. And complex topics increase the chance of misinformation being propagated by people who do not know what they are talking about, and that misinformation being accepted by others who also do not know the topic. Just as an example, here is an actual attenuation formula :

http://www.mike-willis.com/Tutorial/PF_files/Picture49.gif

Many people be frightened by that equation alone.

I will try to simplify the topic by example.

No, 5G is not weapon grad. What people read is that millimeter wave bands like 5G are attenuated by water and oxygen, and not knowing what that really means, they start to leap to all sorts of wrong conclusions, and causing panic. Part of the problem is the "lingo" used in fields like physics, so few people know what attenuation means. Basically, is just means loss through some medium or substance. That is, water will attenuate light, and so if you go deeper, you get less light which is why the bottom of the ocean is dark.

You can also think of attenuation in a more personal way: It is like you walking across and empty room, versus trying to walk across the same room full of people. As you interact or have to avoid bumping into people your travel across the room is slowed, and if you meet a friend, your travel is stopped.

So 5G does not "disturb" oxygen or water in the way I suspect you are thinking (it does not increase kinetic energy to the extent a highly concentrated micro wave band can). Rather, all waves interact with gases in the air just like you interact with people in the room, which causes loss of these waves, or slows your progress through the room. Wave size like 5G is in a range that simply "aligns" water better than other wave sizes (think of it as water "noticing" that wave size better and turning in response). For a person walking through a room, consider this as if a famous person is walking through a room -- more people will turn toward that person, and interact with them, thus slowing them down more than they would slow down someone they do not know. Annoying for anyone trying to cross a room. But nobody is physically harmed by it. Nor does 5G harm water or oxygen in the air, or in your body.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

He has been wanting to live in Japan for a long time now and this is the push he needs maybe.

If he is afraid of 5G, probably a bad choice. Japan is rolling out 5G even faster than most other countries.

Yes, Japan is probably allot more dangerous in many ways then staying put.
Thanks for the info on 5G and explaining some things.
I would be very happy to go back to writing letters, using a land line phone. In general just turning back time about 30 years.
Not going to happen so have to do our best to protect ourselves from too much outside influences.
Looked at those Faraday cages, have to build your own unless you have unlimited resources, they cost a ton.
Aluminum on the walls, guess I have really turned into a tin foil hatter.
More like a Mad Hatter.

fluffy2560 wrote:

Oh, btw, re: Facebook etc., I was looking a news article about Syrian gas attacks and I found the story was interrupted by an advert for gardening tools from Aldi or Lidl. 

I once was reading an article about elephant poaching for ivory, and got an ad for ivory jewelry.

:blink:

klsallee wrote:
fluffy2560 wrote:

I once was reading an article about elephant poaching for ivory, and got an ad for ivory jewelry.

:blink:

We're still working on saying "dinosaur" to see if our phones are spying on us.   No luck yet and no baby dinosaurs on offer. 

Mrs Fluffy was e-mailing someone via gmail (Google) about car things and sure enough on FB she sees adverts for car servicing and car spares and what have you.   So these people Google and Zuckerberg are in it together.

I'm not in FB and I run an ad blocker so I don't see all the adverts they send me.   However, I was looking at some flights to Asia the other day and now I get e-mails from some hotel booking sites (which I sometimes use) asking me if I am planning to go to Asia and how can they help.  So they're in cahoots.

I keep thinking about Amazon and it's helpful "Frequently Bought Together" suggestions on say, buying  volatile chemicals and books on terrorism. 

It's insidious.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

Looked at those Faraday cages, have to build your own unless you have unlimited resources, they cost a ton.
Aluminum on the walls, guess I have really turned into a tin foil hatter.
More like a Mad Hatter.

It's possible to build these things into a house at the beginning or simply fix them to the wall inside or outside.  Maybe take just one room to do fully and then wear a head shaped mesh box outside of it.  Even sitting in the car will insulate you to a good degree. 

It's true that you can do bad things to yourself with high power radio waves but the kinds of power needed are so high, you'll never encounter them in a domestic situation.  People who do encounter them are folks working on radio and TV transmitters and close to high voltage lines etc.   

We're being bombarded day and night from all sorts of radiation natural and man made.  Many billions of neutrinos pass through you every day and you don't even notice.

Not so sure we don't notice, headaches, aches and pains for no good reason or mood swings in people?
I won't say too much until they roll it out in full force and we can all see for ourselves what any results will be on the public.
I thought this was all just silly stuff but after listening to some shows and my son , I now think there is some sort of agenda.
Several different ones going on at once from different groups with different interests.
We all know the medical community is a sham , only good for fixing up broken bones and doing remedies on issues they sometimes created with over doing the hand outs of pills and meds.
One pill fixes one issue but results in 3 different other problems.
Of course I sound crazy, time will tell though, hope I am losing it and everything is hunky dory.
I figure I may have another 15 years or so left in me, just feel badly for kids .
I am not one of those survival freaks who store up food and have a bunker in the woods.
Not yet anyways...

Funny story though, my one cousin is that way. He moved in with his sister and her husband for awhile a few years back.
She rented out one BD to him and a bath. Well he took over her other spare room and had it filled from floor to ceiling with canned goods.
She had the mental ward come take him away and cleared out his rooms.
( Yes, she had him "sectioned)!
She had a time of it with those cans, almost all were expired and she had to throw them all in the trash.
My sisters first husband was a chemist and very much into science.
Very logical guy. He brother was going to UCLA to become a dentist.
So 2 smart boys but their parents....
The mom was a hoarder and would not leave the house for any reason until she looked up the astrology charts for the day.
The dad was nice, they had divorced and he used to visit my parents often because he collection silver spoons and old bottles.
He loved coming over to our town because we had a boot sale held there every weekend and he found allot of these items.
My mom enjoyed having the company and he was always invited for Sunday dinners after he explored the sales.
After he passed away my sister and her husband cleared out his house.
He too had a entire 2 car garage full of food cans, all expired and cans were rusting away.
Very strange the way people can over react and think they can get off the hook when everyone else would be after their cans if anything really horrid happened.
His garage would be the first place his neighbors would raid, of course they would all get food poisoned.
He seemed like such a "normal" nice old guy too, just odd.
I know there are several religions that tell their flock to have at least one years supply of food and water stored away...

fluffy2560 wrote:

wear a head shaped mesh box

I think a tin foil hat would be easier to construct.  ;)

But of course, be aware, all of these devices help the government read your mind:(