New members of the USA forum, introduce yourself here – 3rd quarter of 2016

Hi all,

Newbie on the USA forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in the USA if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

PD : The thread New members of the USA forum, introduce yourself here – 2nd quarter of 2016 continues below!

Hi, my name is Franklin, came in Houston, Tx 1 week ago for a MBA at Texas southern university as an international students. But I got dropped down by my sponsor supposed to pay for my school fees and host me. I found a place to live lately for a while. But I need to make a first installment at the university in order to be able to have my students papers, and have the right to work... In the meantime, if I don't go to school, my F1 students status would be at stake... So am thinking about a way out, finding a little hidden job where I could work an earn money to make my 4000$ first installment and have my students paper along with a regular job. Or maybe I should think about changing status, I don't know,. Am kinda lost right now. I'm a holder of a first year of master degree in management accounting and finance, and i used to work as an accountant in my country... So am used to work and proactive.. just need a chance.. also looking for a roommates I could rent with in downtown Houston, around Texas southern university

Hi

I just signed up on the site.  I am English and have been living and Working in Orlando since 2002.

Shelley

Hi, I am Peter Kendrick living in Washington, USA since 2006. I am from London, UK.

Welcome to all three of you to the forum.

Extistenial I which I knew how to help you but I don't.  Good luck

Bob K

Hi Guys, I'm John from Liverpool UK. Looking to move to Florida in the near future so I will probably have loads of questions. Look forward to chatting and posting.

Hello, I am Mariana (from Argentina) live in the US since 2001 - first time in the '80....

I am a Psychologist and Life Coach, I live in Boulder, CO.

Johntheone1  welcome to the forum. Good luck on your move and we look forward to your input and questions.

Bob K

m_iurcovich welcome to the forum ex neighbor.  We moved to the Dominican Republic 11 years ago from the Conifer area and in fact visited friends in Boulder this spring.

We look forward to you contributions on the forum

Bob K

Do you know where in Florida you wish to be?  I made the move in 2002 so I'm sure I can guide you to some people to work with.

Hi,
We lived in Florida from 2004 till 2008. As our son is born there, we are planning to move back in a few years so both our kids will go to school in the US. We have a plan in place and will work on this step by step. Any info that becomes available here related to visas or green cards will be interesting for us.

If you need a recommendation of a good immigration lawyer in fl I can get you one.  My boyfriend is French and I am English so with have both been though it.

Hi Shelly,
That will be very nice of you. We speak Dutch or English no French :). If you can provide me the name I can approach him and have an idea of the process. Thanks a lot.

Hi Bob, among the countries I worked DR is one of them, and I loved it ! what do you do there ? are you in Santo Domingo ?

Hi Everyone,

I'm a French 30 y.o. (project manager) due to arrive in the US in early 2017.

I'm looking for information/maybe job opportunities and advices to work around the pitfalls of the estate market in NYC.

Moderated by kenjee 7 years ago
Reason : Please recommend business professionals in our business directory .

super thanks

m_iurcovich,

We have been here full time 11 years living on the north coast.  We are retired but did sell real estate here the first 5 years we were here.

Bob K

nice country..... :)

Hi All

I'm from South Africa, looking to immigrate to the USA. I'm currently completing my doctoral degree and I am employed as a lecturer at a University in South africa, I am also newly wed and enjoy aquatic science.

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : no free ads please + register in the business directory
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello, my name is Brian & I'm a DAV and retired.  I enjoy nature, rv camping, traveling, & meeting good people.  I am planning a trip to Europe next year and would like to find traveling companions.  Thank you

Hi!

I am Julie Anne ROUX, French, willing to move to the USA (Orlando is my first choice).
For the moment I am student in a Master's Degree (in Business Management), I have done a Bachelor's Degree in Marketing and Business Development just before.
Those 2 degrees were done in part time schooling, a got the chance to work in two French industrial leaders : AREVA (nuclear) and GERFLOR (flooring).
I will be looking for a job in the USA from Septembre 2017, in the Marketing, Communication, Management fields.

Hi

We live in Orlando and I am English and Charles is French from Paris.

Haii, im Nurinda, im stay in New orleans to visit my family, i will stay in here until oktober, im really looking for friends to show me around and to hangout with. Thanks

Hello All,

I'm new to this forum. I am a Canadian living in Cape Coral, Florida for the past three years. My husband and I came here and purchased a business and have been successfully running it. However we are now looking into moving to Panama and have been doing some research. Anybody on here know anything about living in Panama?

Hello
I'm new to this and open to learning more about anyone's experiences. I'm interested in moving to Dubai.

@ alcon& > Welcome to Expat.com :)

As you wish to expatriate to Dubai, i suggest you to post in the Dubai forum. Expats living there will be able to communicate with you more easily.

Thanks,

Priscilla

Thank you for that information. I will do that.

Renita

i am a new member and hope you to help me

Hi

Welcome where are you from? I'm looking to visit Dubai possible move there. Been doing a lot of research and learning the  culture you know?

How about you?

HongDino wrote:

i am a new member and hope you to help me

Help you do what??????????????

Bob K

Hi I live in London and visit the USA yearly. Thinking of moving to Boston or Washington to persue studies and a career in psychoanalysis. Any help and advise would be great.

Looking forward to hearing more from the thread.

Hello Everyone

I'm Adwo from Ghana. I'm looking forward to studying my MBA in the States next year fall.Ilk be glad if I could get someone to chat with about living in the US.I hope to make some new friends before I finally touchdown on American soil. :)

Welcome.  Where are you going to be studying???
Bob K

I don't have a particular state yet as I'm now applying.I'all go to the state where I have admission..

Adwo

I'll*

are there any of you out there who have actually become permanent residents in the US and how long did it take?
What are the minimum requirements with regards to available funds to immigrating?

Looking forward to your response,

There are about 180 different visa for the US, some come with permanent residence and some do not, I only know of 2 visa's that requests the applicant to show a certain amount of funds and that's $1 million and $1/2 million to make as a business investment.

oh thanks , and GOD BLESS YOU.

Closed