New members of the Costa Rica forum, introduce yourself here – 3rd quarter of 2016

Hi all,

Newbie on the Costa Rica forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Costa Rica if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

PD : The thread New members of the Costa Rica forum, introduce yourself here – 2nd quarter of 2016 continues below!

Hi all,

My wife Renee and I plan to visit CR for the 3rd time in Feb 2017. This time we are scouting out communities containing expat residents in order to eventually rent a place for a long stay in the near future.
I am a retired Health Educator and Program Director. Renee will be retiring next summer from her Organizational Learning and Development position at a US-based medical device manufacturing company.
We live in Austin, Texas (there really are other Austins). Our 26 year old daughter, her fiance and his 13 year old son live in town too. Most of our families are Texians although a niece has bolted this province for the Big Apple.
In younger days we traveled around the globe and lived in Asia for 5 years. And we have gone to Europe on several trips but not gone farther south than CR in the Western Hemisphere.
My health is so-so and Renee's is excellent. I am feeling walled in and want a healthier life. Renee has pent up wanderlust.
Glad to have found this forum and hope to visit it often.

David Rogers

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=614915

Thanks!

Closed