Social network

Hi!!
My name is Barbara and I'm a primary school teacher, just moved to Bangkok looking to meet new people and have a laugh. My objective in joining this website is to add as many contacts from all nationalities, all ages, races and cultures and to organise some social events to help people to meet each other in person and share common interests. I think it's fair to say that we would all be happy to interact with expatriots who are sharing the experience of living in Bangkok ...I'm not sure the best way to do it but just add me if you're interested and we can get things started!!
Get back to me if you have any suggestions or wanna help out in the organising! :D

Welcome to Expat.com Barbara :)

I moved your presentation to the Bangkok forum

Well, I've tried plenty of times to make a expat meeting without success.

I've learn however to meet one by one and then meet all toguether, since the subjects in question are more susceptible to have a friend in common or to have one person that at least know, and they can recur to, in the case that they are either bored or overcome by the people surrounding.

The place that you choose to meet this people, must be in a known area, and of easy access. And also it is good to keep it as a meeting point for all the other "all together" meetings, since the familiarity status will make them feel more comfortable to let it out, rather than  making them anti-social by putting "walls" of defense of the unknown. 
Same thing that I explained above with the meeting one by one first.

A place that I would recommend and that I use also, its a bar called "The Black Swan" just placed below Asok bts station. The bar however moody and with a terrible music selection, is of easy access and a great place to start from and have a humongous dinner before the night starts.
There is a happy hour 6 to 8 i think, where Paints of beer are just 100thb.
It has tables and chairs... Like any other bar, but they are comfortable. Upstairs has big sofa chairs in a U shape to put as many people in there as possible facing each other to have a great trans-conversation.

Hope this advice helps. :)

I completely agree with you Barabara... but you knwo this, as we already know each other! :)

I'd definitely want to get involved with any meetings that can be arranged, to meet new people. x

Hi Barbara,

Just wanted to say I'm definately interested in social events:)
If I can help you organise anything let me know. I guess just meeting up for a drink or a coffee is a good start as it means if people are busy they can hopefully just pop in for a quick one!

x

Hi all,
Please also count me in for future socializing events and I'll try my best to make it!
@Debbie: How was the fun night out last Fri at Baiyoke Sky? Sorry had to miss out on that as I was down with a very bad flu.:(
@Rhi: I agree totally! I'd like to start out with a drink/coffee too...:)
By the way guys do let me know if you all meet up at the Black Swan as it's just outside my place, but I've yet to check it out!

Hi Barbara,

I'll be coming to Bangkok in August of this year and would love to meet up at some point. I'm also a teacher, but teaching the older kids (Secondary). How are you finding Bangkok? Was it easy for you to settle in? I'm currently searching websites for apartments.

Hope to speak to you soon!

CG

I agree

Hello LuisF,

I have deleted his account ;)

Yud wrote:

Hello LuisF,

I have deleted his account ;)

Greatly appreciated Yud :)

Hi and welcome on the forum Tennisajarn :)

Armand

Hi everyone! I will be moving to Bangkok from California by the end of April, and seeing as how I don't know a single soul out there I thought this would be a great way to get introduced to some fellow expats before I arrive. I'm still trying to figure out where I will be living, so any suggestions on areas that are good/bad I'd love to hear! Also, I'm always game to meet up for a happy hour, good food/drinks, and explore anything new! If there are group outings you can definitely count me in.

For those of you who have lived in Bangkok for awhile, I'd love to get any advice for a newbie like myself. Feel free to email me. [email protected]

Look forward to meeting you all!

Welcome on Expat.com adrienne0704 :D

Hi everyone,
How are you all? sounds like you have managed to get a bit of a social get together going! I will introduce myself..I'm Claire from Australia. I have just moved to Bangkok recently to work as a primary teacher. Don't know anyone here in Bangkok, have met a few teachers from my school but would definately be interested in catching up for a coffee, meal, night out or any social events. Feel free to email me [email protected]
Cheers, look forward to speaking to you soon :)

Hello Auschick. I do organize Expat meetings every friday night, most of the people here have already come to a few of the meetings and they had a great time until long hours in the morning. So for the next meeting I will send you a private message, also check the stiky post "Expat meetings in Bangkok" Were Im usually posting updates on the venues that we are going to explore next.

As we speak I am also trying to get to a certain or past number of people since most of the managers of the clubs that i have spoken to, would do great special deals for large groups of punters. Note: I dont get anything in return, just doing this for pure genuine fun and to meet cool exciting and like-minded people.

Hi all,
Please also count me in for future socializing events and I'll try my best to make it! Iam from India
[email protected]

Hi and welcome on the forum harrykamboj :)

Armand

Harry, just read this post, ill print here the details soon