Foreigner import the used-car for working in Vietnam

I know the gov of vietnam allowed foreigners to import their used-car from their nation as traffic tool when working in vietnam.   Anyone have that experience ? Looking forward to your reply.

According to the Vietnam laws that I have researched, there are all of me two requirements for importing a car. The first requirement is that you must be the original order and the second requirement is that the car cannot be more than two years old. I have also learned that if you hire a customs broker who has good relationships with the Customs officers you can get around some of these rules

Thank you, Robinson211, your information is very useful.

if anyone needs a customs broker. I have found a very good one. Let me know and I will share his information

Not just for importing cars. He will help you to get anything you need into the country. Whether it's a product that you want to sell or household items. As long as there are no drugs involved he will do everything in his power to get you a good deal and make sure that everything comes through smoothly

Please introduce to me, I'm very interested.

Robinson I would appreciate receiving that information. Could you please send it to me by PM? Thank you

oh....i think about a specific product...may I have the info about the brooker..

thanks

looks like robbo is in high demand now. lol

Hi Bro

Hope that you in good health. Can you share me the broker contact and information.

Thanks
Michael

Hi Robinson. Can you introduce the car import broker you mention for me please. Thank you very much. Please contact me **

Moderated by kenjee 7 years ago
Reason : Share contact infos only in private please.

Hi. Sorry if too many people are asking for the Customs Broker but I also have to ask for his/her
contact information.
Please reply to  ***
Thank you
Cheers
Gerry

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Hi Robinson
I'm exporting from China and Vietnam. I'm very interested in meeting a customs agent to assist in importing. Can you please send on details to ***
Thanks

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

For those seeking any details on this thread please do not post any of your personal contact details here on the open forum. This is for personal security.
Use the PM system for this.

Laws changes evrymonth; u guy will need more infor about the process; any one who interest on it can pm me too, i m working in import field n has relationship in custom n tax Dept.

Hi,
If possible drop me a PM.
Need also the details of this custom broker.
Thx

What kinds of thing do u need; just can connect u with an service agent; cant introduce u directly with custom office cause its personal relationship;

Johnimee wrote:

Laws changes evrymonth; u guy will need more infor about the process; any one who interest on it can pm me too, i m working in import field n has relationship in custom n tax Dept.

Johnimee wrote:

What kinds of thing do u need; just can connect u with an service agent; cant introduce u directly with custom office cause its personal relationship;

(Emphasis mine.)
These two quotes exemplify why Vietnam's economy remains mired in a third world condition.  The irony is that you actually seems proud of your ability to be a part of the system that holds your country back.   :sick

THIGV you can't soley hold him responsible for the economy. The big fish is elsewhere.

I m vietnamese; on this topic i just want to let people know the way; pls dont say bad thing here; u cant judge people when u havent seen/talked to them. If u think u can help my country, then pls help cause i cant, and either my family, my friends for sure, even we really want it.

I'm looking for reliable contact for import goods,
We did the last import via municipal client
Completely intransparent, even local Taxes, never shown on official papers.
Thereof I need to improve my network, otherwise we can't support the country.
If import is still intransparent how to calculate jobs here.
There are official fees based on the type of goods, but always different calculated at the end.

cossmo wrote:

THIGV you can't soley hold him responsible for the economy. The big fish is elsewhere.

Unless they inherited their job from family connections, people pay a lot of money to work in customs. Yes in Vietnam, people pay to work...  :dumbom:

Dirty and corrupt from the bottom all the way to the top.

I'd also appreciate the details of a good customs/clearing and forwarding agent please. Thanks.

cossmo wrote:

True but it's a spiderweb of a system that catches the flies, who are the common people and non-party members.  The policeman in the tan suit or the customs official are not all of it.  They pass a cut to the district chief who passes a cut to the provincial chief and so on.  However the big fish would get nothing if the guys at the bottom refused to cooperate and make the collections.  Of course if as Phikachu says, they paid for the job they have to make that up first.

The daughter of an acquaintance just graduated university with degree in government. Applied and was accepted for entry job at committee office, if she donates 200.000.000d (~$9000). Rejected the offer. However, look at the way the system works. That is probably a communist party job for life. Say she only works for 10 years, that's $75 amortized per month. And think about how many people she could 'help' later. It is like the ante in a poker game.

gobot wrote:

The daughter of an acquaintance just graduated university with degree in government. Applied and was accepted for entry job at committee office, if she donates 200.000.000d (~$9000). Rejected the offer. However, look at the way the system works. That is probably a communist party job for life. Say she only works for 10 years, that's $75 amortized per month. And think about how many people she could 'help' later. It is like the ante in a poker game.

You have to factor in paying for promotions too...

all this sounds like a back seat driver.

cossmo wrote:

all this sounds like a back seat driver.

I see what you did there... but it's pretty sound advice really. If you're thinking of bringing in what is probably your second most valuable asset then don't... it will most likely end up being held at customs and leveraged against you to pay some corrupt officer who paid for their own job and an opportunity like this.

They extort people everyday at the airports for less valuable things.

My sister brought her and my nephew and niece (kids of another sister) without their parents into Vietnam for familial piety duties...a funeral! Despite a letter from the parents and correct documentation they were held up and threatened with not being allowed into the country unless 50 USD was paid. Imagine the pay day they would have with a car worth tens of thousands of pounds.

This might give some Infos about importing your goods into VN.

= Importing Personal Property Into VietNam: < webportal.atlasintl.com/Customs%20Docs/vietnam.pdf >;

Hope it can help you guys

Hello Robbo ,
If it is ok with you "
I am interested in having the contact information on the broker that you know please ?

Kind Regards
Tony
Australia

Hi Robinson211,
Could you please put me in touch with your Customs Broker.Thanks

Hi guys,
I need ur help and assistance for sending things to hanoi vietnam. Do u have anyone could help to clearance airport custom? Can u introduce some people to me? I'm truely appreciate ur advice and asistance.

Thanks

Seems like Robinson211' contact is in demand here. So he'll be quite busy i think..  ;)

Hi Robert,

I'd be interested in your customs broker as well to import a used car into Ho Chi Minh City. Please PM me.

Thanks

Hi I am interested in your customs broker can you pass on info please

please . .. can you give me these coordinates because I want to import my motorcycle from France. thank you very much

Has any one had a reply I asked for his broker info never replied

A used automobile can be imported into Vietnam, though import duties are high and the procedure is a complicated one. The present owner of the vehicle must be the original owner; if the automobile has changed ownership since the original title was issued, the vehicle cannot be imported into Vietnam. The vehicle must have been legally registered in the owner's home country for at least six months, have a minimum mileage of 10,000 Km and cannot be more than five years old. Although driving is on the right side of the road, vehicles equipped with the steering wheel on the right or left side may be imported into the country.

It is also possible to import a motorcycle into Vietnam if the engine size is 175 cc or greater. The procedures are the same as for importing an automobile. Import duties on motorcycles can easily be more than 100 percent of the value of the motorcycle.

Also Needed this Documents

- An application form for importing an automobile into Vietnam (don de nghi nhap khau o to)
- An automobile import licence (giay phep nhap khau)
- A bill of lading (van tai don)
- A customs declaration for export/import (to khai hai quan xuat/nhap khau)
- A vehicle registration certificate (giay dang ky xe nuoc ngoai)

In addition, the owner of the vehicle will need to present

- A valid passport
- A visa that is valid for at least three months
- A valid work permit
- A household registration book

if you meet this requirements pm me will check and clear customs for you

Hey Robin.. Please get me the details contact of the broker as I am about to start the process for import of car. Thanks.

Bitsdewan wrote:

Hey Robin.. Please get me the details contact of the broker as I am about to start the process for import of car. Thanks.

Have you read the previous posts. The cost is enough to turn people off.