Translation help for a one-off birthday present

Hello folks,
I am looking to get help to translate a simple phrase into Hungarian for a mug I would like to get a friend who is learning the language.

Is anyone able to translate the following into Hungarian, or know a typical Hungarian phrase that means the same thing?

'Striving to achieve the impossible, one day at a time'

Any help you can give would be very greatly appreciated.  Thank you very much in advance.

(The only person I know who speaks Hungarian is him, and asking him rather ruins the surprise!  I do not trust google translate.  Thank you!)

Translated by my Hungarian wife, who is a professional translator and listed in the translators business directory (everything following is from her):

A cél elérni a lehetetlent, napról-napra haladva

The actual translation is word by word: The goal is to reach the impossible, progressing day by day

In Hungarian one does not use the "impossible" as a goal, it is accepted that this is impossible... but it can be understood the way I translated it. By the way it was not used in German either before the business-lingo did not introduce it.

Thank you so very much, both of you, for taking the time to reply, and to explain :D 
I will let you know his reaction, very grateful indeed :)

Questions and answers about Hungary

Ask your question
Are you happy in Hungary?
By Priscilla
Jamshid Khazanehdari
Buying furniture in Budapest
By Jamshid Khazanehdari
What Is Your Favorite Hungarian Wine?
By klsallee
Marilyn Tassy
Anyone joining the upcoming Oct.23rd Memorial Activities?
By Marilyn Tassy
Formalities to bring your pet in Hungary
By Julien

Expatriate health insurance in Hungary

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Hungary

Moving to Hungary

Find tips from professionals about moving to Hungary

Travel insurance in Hungary

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Hungary

Flights to Hungary

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Hungary