Barking dogs

Is there a way of stopping cockerels from crowing or the sun from being so bright ?

Yep!

Seems that this thread is wandering off topic.

I suggest that we all take a deep breath, stop the personal attacks and get back on topic before this thread gets shut down by admin.

Hi everybody,

Please note that i have removed some inappropriate posts from this thread.

Do note that insults and abusive language are not welcomed here.

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

Norm if you were my neighbour and your dog was causing me a problem you would be the guy I would be confronting , not your dog! Some people just don't get, it if one sweeps the problem under the table it won't go away..

I have found sleep interrupted by dogs, roosters and cats.  The only solution I have come up with is taking afternoon naps, since only mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the midday sun, and our barangay has neither.

Yes there is a law re barking dogs. See your lawyer and go for it....

choose the location well,we do not here dogs at night were we live,only once i here a dog barking at night and wen i took a look it was a dog who was barking becorse there was a wanabe burgler on the balkonie of my naibor who ran away becorse a had the light ouside on and he was visibol,good dog dooing his job ,all our naibors are pinoy who have jobs so they like there sleep to ,so it comes down to ,location location location .
we feel safer here than we wood in any gated comunity

greets Dirk

The first thing that struck me on my first trip to the Philippines was the number of dogs chained to fences or in cages barking. It was a bit of a shock but Hey I guess its cultural. Who am I to come here and try and impose my values. BUT damn there is a lot of dogs :)

Yes defiantly there is. The law is accessed under, Animal care rules and regulations section.1.7 Noisy Dogs..Call and visit your Barangay captain and discuss the problem with him or possibly contact your local police station. Go for it and good luck.

Why not? There is a law regarding barking dogs in the Philippines and is used more often than one would realise. Be a man and and stand up, if the dog is annoying you tell him or her, obviously your neighbour has no respect for you, you have every right to complain...

FilAmericanMom wrote:

You can go to the barangay to complain about the barking dog. But before going, you (or better yet, your Filipino friend or spouse) should ask other neighbors if they're as bothered as you are by the noise. If they say yes, but add that they're already used to it, then, what you should do is just get used to it.

You should also first try talking to your neighbor / the dog's owner. One of the reasons dogs are kept as pets is to warn the owners of and discourage intruders. It is possible that your neighbors are not aware that their dog's barking bothers you or your neighbors.

Do not sound condescending and go off on a rant like "only in the Philippines . . . blah blah blah." It's annoying and would not get you anywhere. So be respectful and figure out an amicable solution to the noise problem (put the dog on the other side of yard, figure out what bothers the dog, etc.).

How long have you been staying here? Consider yourself lucky that it's just barking noise.

U must b a filipino....1st funny thing i c, th dogs r kept 2 warn the owner...lol ya they sleep rite thru thisr barking and u think the dogs barking is going wake them if an intruder comes funny. 2. Be respectful? Seriously???? When the neighbors and their dam barking dogs r not???? plz..

Heres the deal, im a dog lover but after living among the animals here Ive become very bitter towards barking dogs and disrespectful neighbors.. you have 2 choices poison quietly or fight the neighbors and be hated by all of them.  Went that route once. Every neighbor had a barking dog day and nite continuously. I kindly asked them to plx put their dogs in the back so they wont bark at every cat dog person bird that went by. The response. No .. These were little worthless muts with big yaps that trust me wont scare off anything,   my wife a flip and I tried everything 2 drown out the dogs. 1st we tried geting their names so we could file a complaint these fkers r so tight lipped it was impossible 2 get a name of any of them.  I endd getting all the names eventually but thats another story. They ignored the attorneys letters so i went 2 d brgy. They dont give a*** about u r ur problems. But they had the dog owners 1 at a time come in 4 a meeting 3 times.. then if a resolution can not be made they can issue a letter allowing 4 a lawsuit. Well the outcome after 2 yes of fighting . They had to keep the dogs quiet 7pm to 7am.. then comes enforcement...lol im telling ya as much as i hate 2 say it. KEEP U MOUTH SHUT AND LEAD IN SOME HAMBURGER OVER D FENCE.. otherwise all and i mean ALL THE neighbors will now hate u. They stick 2gtgr like Flys on ***. 3 yrs later we ended up buying in a highend subdivision. NEVER AGAIN will i live amongest  the disrespectful animals. Gud luck 2 all

I have to agree with you, go for the owner and hold your ground. If they don't respect and ignore you step it up a notch and follow through re the local authorities.

I dont know if you still have problem. here is your survival LAWS. I am almost start hurt myself because of neighbour dogs
http://kjb.ph/animal-laws/

Link??,

Perhaps wandering off track here but for me an Aussie our dog/s were always part of the family, well trained/tutored to be a part of the family receive and give love and always watchful. Unfortunately and maybe I am generalising as I'm sure not all treat their K9 compatriots as I have seen here, while a cute puppy loved by the kids and adults alike eventually finds itself chained and fed left overs many days old, becomes savage and is left on the chain to sleep in its own excrement etc etc. Definitely not what one would do to a family member. Only an observation. Education? Lol let's start at the beginning.

Off topic now and sorry but relative, some years ago Ben my better half said we "both he and I" were asked to be God parents to one of his new born great nephews, with some trepidation, knowing what it means to be accorded with the honour of spiritual guidance  and responsibility of being a God parent followed with some/many questions. It turned out that there were some 20 odd people/families asked to be God parents. Better gifts? No Was My answer for 2 reasons, his niece was hedging her bets and secondly I had met her twice, told Ben he could go it alone but beware the consequences when the rest of the family jump ship. He wisely declined.

All very well to have a dog but that living breathing beast needs love and attention, commitment and stability no different to a God child or ones own child, give them that and they don't need to be chained and will die defending their family no different to me giving my life for my children. Melodramatic? Perhaps and as always only an opinion. You have a dog? Love it dearly and it will be reciprocal and then some, barking is negated unless needed for the defence of loved ones/property.

Again as usual sorry for the rant.

Cheers, Steve.

Hot dog filled with asperin

Wont work. 100 mg oxycodone on the neighbors small dog and he ate it all. Nothing happened.

You should be lucky you have dogs in your neighbourhood...if you got burgled, would you still complain to your neighbours that there is no dogs to secure your property !!!!

Thats about an ignorant comment. Most normal people provide thier own security and its not a dog that fking barks day and nite. And sadly most of u sleep rite thru thier baring , so tell us where is the security?? Lol

Whooo oo oooo...!!. I think i just touched a nerve of yours...sleep tight!!🤣😱💤

Yes ignorant people and barking dogs which sadly is most of the population here. Tg for high end subdivisions 2 keep both out.. lol

Btw i now sleep very well in my cozy peaceful subdivision, ty :)

Horses for courses I suppose, we don't live in a subdivision, nothing wrong at all living in one but for us see them as restrictive and regimented, like a condo perhaps and while some allow pets most don't for obvious reasons.
It does come back to location though with regards to barking dogs, crowing roosters, burning rubbish and noisy traffic.
Research and choose well (spend time there morning, noon and night) as you could potentially live there.

We have little trouble here with all of the above, goats a different story though sorted now with the owner and termites but they don't wake us up. We live in a quiet area that does have dogs but they are cared for and only bark if a newbie comes onto that property (like me) but once they know you/see you around never bark.

The outlaws live in a poorer high density area but have no trouble with barking dogs, it appears that the locals control their pets well. Lots of traffic noise though.

Cheers, Steve.

tonyboost wrote:

Does anyone know if there is a law that can be enforced to make owners to control their dogs from barking??

Its not that kind to the dogs when one should be harassing the owners, but a sure way of stopping dog barking is get a good high range speaker, point it to the dogs, connect the speaker to a signal generator and crank it above the human hearing level (3300hz or above)..

Play it loud for a few seconds and listen for a reaction: if slight go up slightly till you reach 3600 .

If you "key" it when they start barking then turn it off when they stop, it will eventually train them to shut the XXXX up.

I have 3 dogs they don't bark unless someone is there, they keep the Holy rollers out too

Okieboy wrote:

I have 3 dogs they don't bark unless someone is there, they keep the Holy rollers out too

Good call Okie, we don't have a dog yet, one day but as for "holy rollers" I can certainly bark louder than a dog and with more meaning.

Cheers, Steve.

We as foreigners are guests in this country and well worth keeping in mind, but it seems at times no matter how respectful one is to the locals, trouble will find you sooner or later.
One must be aware that foreigners residing in the Philippines are protected by law under the Bill of Rights code. So don't be put off by some idiot threatening you and telling you, as a foreigner, you have no legal rights in this country. It's amazing just how many foreigners fall for this line!

jackbe nimble wrote:

We as foreigners are guests in this country and well worth keeping in mind, but it seems at times no matter how respectful one is to the locals, trouble will find you sooner or later.
One must be aware that foreigners residing in the Philippines are protected by law under the Bill of Rights code. So don't be put off by some idiot threatening you and telling you, as a foreigner, you have no legal rights in this country. It's amazing just how many foreigners fall for this line!

Try going up against a well connected person with that philosophy.

You may get a nice flight home.

and if you are lucky you won't be in the cargo section

You may have prevailed at some time in some matter, but you only did so because you have an influential local patron (spouse/inlaws/etc). Many foreigners will never be so lucky and should therefore tread lightly.

Philippine Destiny wrote:
jackbe nimble wrote:

You may have prevailed at some time in some matter, but you only did so because you have an influential local patron (spouse/inlaws/etc). Many foreigners will never be so lucky and should therefore tread lightly.

Don't waste words on people who deserve your silence. Sometimes the most powerful thing you can say is nothing at all.
-Mandy Hale-

Cheers

manwonder wrote:
Philippine Destiny wrote:
jackbe nimble wrote:

Don't waste words on people who deserve your silence. Sometimes the most powerful thing you can say is nothing at all.
-Mandy Hale-

Cheers

This is a public forum. Innocent third parties might make the mistake of believing that historically fatal naive talk. So they need to get the antidote.

We are talking about barking dogs correct?

There you go, as I said, it's amazing how many foreigners are sucked in and believe everything they are told. Might I add, Filipinos are not stupid and tend to pick up on weakness in ones character and are quick to take advantage of the situation..

jackbe nimble wrote:

There you go, as I said, it's amazing how many foreigners are sucked in and believe everything they are told. Might I add, Filipinos are not stupid and tend to pick up on weakness in ones character and are quick to take advantage of the situation..

You sound like a troll who cannot find Philippines on a map.

jackbe nimble wrote:

Yes defiantly there is. The law is accessed under, Animal care rules and regulations section.1.7 Noisy Dogs..Call and visit your Barangay captain and discuss the problem with him or possibly contact your local police station. Go for it and good luck.

So go for the option you've mentioned on your very own post!

Just sayin! It sometimes the truth hurts, and I'm sensing you might be a bit of a character. I simply answered the question re dogs, and having lived here quite happily for almost 20 years I think I am qualified to share my opinion. If we all ran as some suggested, by simply ignoring the problem, nothing will change.

jackbe nimble wrote:

Just sayin! It sometimes the truth hurts, and I'm sensing you might be a bit of a character. I simply answered the question re dogs, and having lived here quite happily for almost 20 years I think I am qualified to share my opinion. If we all ran as some suggested, by simply ignoring the problem, nothing will change.

Off topic "same same but different" I agree jack, while some things one lets go others need to be dealt with, barking dogs included.
The Barangay is building a new road where we live, a scrape to level the ground then pour 200 to 225mm of concrete on top of it,,,,,,, as they do. My better half asked the foreman how can I get my car out? He was advised it was up to us to remedy that, ok we/he fixed that but the new works further afield have the same drop off and all the residents are stuck, have to walk 5 to 600 metres to catch a tricycle or jeepny to get to town 3 kilometres away. The better half badgered our local capitan about this, others also and now they have provided access in and out while they are constructing. Sometimes one has to simply ask. A bottle of Gin works wonders. (I didn't say that)

As for your nearly 20 years here jack? "You can't teach an old dog new tricks?" I appreciate your input as I do all the other members but tend to listen to experience as long as it's not bias.

Cheers, Steve.

tonyboost wrote:

Thanks for nothing

Tony ,, the Fred guy just go all over the forums to shit  on peoples pasts ... some people (like Fred) are just unhappy and miserable and they can not leave other exchange info without being diks

DavidWF wrote:

You have to be joking.... NOTHING stops dogs from barking in the Philippines.     If you ever find a way PLEASE let me know.

Aso adobo feasts have an effect.