Leaving Malta long term & Residency

Hi folks, i'm a British citizen and have been living in Malta for almost 1 year, i'm thinking about going to Australia on working holiday visa, so i could be there for a couple of months or a couple of years, my question is i've read previously that for residency here you need to be physically domiciled on the island for at least 6 months out of the year, if i'm away for longer will that just disqualify me from obtaining permanent residence/citizenship or does it even invalidate my ordinary residence and ID card i have now?

Many thanks,


New topic