House Sitting or Renting 12 Dec 2016 - 19 January 2017

Hi there,

We are a family of four.  Two very responsible boys 13 and 11. 
We are coming to volunteer in the hospital and to have a bit of a holiday while we are there.
We have lived in Vanuatu for two years.  When we were there, most expats preferred to have house sitters if they were away.
We are wondering if any of you are going away over that time or can recommend good places to stay while we are there.  We would be grateful to be able to stay in someone's house, and we can take care of it.
We are used to and understand having "House cleaners" etc.  We are very happy to contribute for power etc as we are aware that costs money. 

If you know of something that might work for some or part of the time we are there, please let me know.

In advance, many thanks.
Rhonda Diprose

Hi Talofa Rhonda,

Sounds like a nice adventure for your family.

How are you going with finding accommodation in Apia? My Aunty might have accommodation for you in Tiavi by the Treehouse resort end. She's a tour guide. I also know that she mentioned last month she wants to visit my cousins in NZ so she may be interested in house sitters. Her property is rural on the main road about 20-30 minutes from the CBD. She has horses and cows that may need water troughs filled. I would have to ask her first though.

Mama Ro

Hi there, 

Yes please get her to be in touch with us.
She might even be able to advise us as to where we can stay if her place is not available.

We are volunteering at the hospital so will need to be able to get there by 7:30 am most mornings. 

My personal email address is:

Thanks for getting in touch. 
Perhaps you could ask your Aunty to see if any others might also be wanting House Sitters over that time period.  Also, I need to learn to paddle board and have to be able to paddle board for 2km for an event I have coming up when I get back.  I am hoping to find a paddle board club (SUP club) and borrow or hire a board to use on a lagoon. 

Moderated by Bhavna 4 weeks ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You may exchange them via the private messaging system.Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

You need to private message me your contact details, nothing showed. I'm not sure how that all works.

I'll find out what my aunties tour business is called and let you know.

You may find it more convenient to be closer to the hospital. I'm sure Aunty can help you. Safety for the kids is obviously important so it would be wise to talk with her. Maybe you could stay with Aunty till you get something closer to the hospital. She had some dive instructors staying in her unit next-door but I think it's currently empty, not sure. It might take you half an hour to get to the hospital but at least you'll be in good hands.

Tiavi is close to Maninoa which is well known for it's surfing beaches. You may find paddle board contacts around there. I know I saw some p boards last month when I was there in the CBD. The more exclusive resorts in Maninoa may hire them. Try Coconuts, Sinalei's, Salatonga -can't remember the other one's. Aunty should know.

Also, try Fridom Car rentals Mika or Funway Car rentals Sony or Milly they have good safe contacts in the CBD.

Keep in touch.

Did you get on Ok?
Did you try Josie from Navigation Tours on facebook? she should be able to guide you.

Questions and answers about housing

Ask your question
Rent a flat or a house in the Samoa
By Christine
We are looking for a place to live!
By trainwreck
Housing in Samoa
By Julien
Buying property in Samoa
By Christine
Samoa flatshare
By Christine