Issues with my emtel internet/phone connection

Nothing to say, paying bills on time, phone does not work , internet down daily, phone daily and nothing happens, visit their offices see their great adverts, painted on their walls and the technicians can do nothing even after 3 weeks of daily phone calls..

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Title modified to avoid any defamatory statement

Hi Exronpet74,

Sorry to hear all the problems you are encountering .

Where exactly are you located in Mauritius please ?

All the best,
Bhavna

Please provide a contact number and I will phone you.

I used to have this problem with 'Orange'. Believe me, its a grueling process because even the agents do not pass you to their supervisors and instead pass you to their friends (I always ask for names and the position of whoever I come into contact with at Orange). It got so bad - after calling so many times I had to get really persistant and aggressive. I had to prove to them it was better to resolve my issue rather than me ruining and bringing down the morale of their agents everyday. To be so bad so to force the agents themselves to complain to their supervisors. They gave me the contact number of their Head Technician for Fibre Optics Department (something they've been telling me for days they don't have/ are not allowed to give out). The Head Technician solved my issue in less than 5 minutes over the phone  (yes after 7 days of constant calling it took the technician 5 mins to fix my issue from a remote location - didn't even come to my place). However, I have never had a problem since and its been nearly a year now. If I was to rate the service at Orange Customer Support - it would be an absolute 0.

If you're still having issues do let me know - I'll contact your provider.

Many thanks for your advice.

We have now given phoning them up every day ( for a month) and going to their office .

We are actually moving and we will not be taking Emtel with us but will note you advice re Orange or any provider.

We just find the attitude amazing as we have been living all over Africa for 25 years and have never come across this 'not only lack of customer care'  but the inability to apologise but instead blame us as they regard it as a  problem  of our making not theirs.

Honesty would be great as that we could accept, it is the constant lies that has made us lose all respect for them

Veronica

in Pereybere and now weeks later and numerous trips to the office here in Grand Baie and Ebene we pay for speed of 20 mbps but we get less than 1mbps and you do not respond at all, you are totally unethical, you should be embarrassed by the service you do not provide , you are totally uninterested and just take the money, an embarressment for Mauritians who work hard and provide a service.

I am of course still having problems.

Weeks later and numerous trips to the office here in Grand Baie and Ebene we pay for speed of 20 mbps but we get less than 1mbps and they  do not respond at all, yare totally unethical,and should be embarrassed by the service you do not provide , Emtel is atotally uninterested and just take the money, an embarressment for Mauritians who work hard and provide a service.