Children's international school in da nang

I am planning to move to Da Nang and was wondering if any other members have children enrolled in Greenshot international school? And if so, any one have an opinion about Greenshot?

Hello, I have 3 children, American with Vietnamese wife, living in Vietnam. We have homes in Danang and Hoi an. Not impressed with Green Shoots, and very expensive, no certifications either. Singapore International School (just south of Danang) is probably the best, they have Australian curriculum, but runs like $12-14,000 USD/year per child- outside our budget (and only slightly more then GreenShoots). My kids were going to Skyline International School in Danang, much more reasonable price, they have 2 schools. But they weren't learning much- the school is mostly for wealthy Vietnamese then foreigners (just have foreigner to learn English, which they already know). Now they are getting homeschooled by Australian teacher in Hoi An- very small class, all ages. Reasonably priced, and so far seems great, and my kids are loving it. Let me know if I can help more.

Moderated by kenjee 2 months ago
Reason : Publicity not allowed. Please participate only if you can help the query of the first post please.

Sorry, here's an update from my last post on this topic. We have become disappointed in the quality of education at the home school in Hoi An. Now we are working on trying to transfer the kids into the Singapore School near Danang. Although it is quite a bit more money, we now realize that trying to homeschool a child with only a few other kids in the class, all at different academic and emotional and age levels is challenging and the quality of the education really is compromised. Also, the homeschool is not run by an actual certified teacher with credentials. I feel if we keep the kids there for any length of time they will suffer social skills and fundamental academic skills. Additionally, they won't receive any education in Vietnamese language/ reading/ writing, which I feel is important. The children are isolated enough being a foreigner in Vietnam, looking different and not speaking the language. Instead of keeping them isolated, it is better to try to integrate them more rather then less. Hope this helps.

Hi there
Thank's for the update on your experience with the educational options in Da Nang it's much appreciated from me and my wife.
I know the educational system in Vietnam is not much to wright home about, but as my family and I are planning to try to live a permanent life in Vietnam we will just have to try and make the best out of it. I have been looking at Singapore international school to, it's seems like the best option in Da Nang even its going to burn a bit in our pockets as the children get older!!
Anyway we thank you again for giving us info on the subject!! I hope you can keep me updated on the matter and give me some feedback on Singapore international school if you manage to get your kids transferred.

Questions and answers about school and studies

Ask your question
International schools in Da Nang
By olabubu
Spanish speaking people
By sillygirl
Intesol Vietnam
By Elvery
Looking for Ukrainian teacher In Da Nang
By maplebreath

Expatriate health insurance in Da Nang

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Da Nang

Moving to Da Nang

Find tips from professionals about moving to Da Nang

Travel insurance in Da Nang

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Da Nang

Flights to Da Nang

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Da Nang