Marriage in Vietnam

I am planning to get marry in December, 18th, 2016 in Dak Lak, Vietnam at girl's house first and than the my house in Ho Chi Minh in January. I have a question about what I should do and what type of steps needed in order to bring my wife to the U.S later on. I am planning to get the single affidavit in America and then go to Vietnam. What other steps should I take either in America or once I come back to Vietnam. Please help.

Maybe you should check the appropriate US government websites. The government will try to provide information, but most importantly they make the final decisions/approval. There are many different routes and opinions about the subject.

Perhaps this can be a starting point for you: … iance.html

You can get your wife to register your marriage couple weeks before you land. Than when you do get married you can sign the marriage certificate.

I don't know about U.S but my wife had to get police certificate #2 and medical certificate to be able to go Canada.

Questions and answers about formalities

Ask your question
Where to take biometiric passport photos around district 1?
By andreas.glaser
One way ticket & TRC
By TuyetDang
How and Where to apply for Vietnamese Citizenship?
By thuy4tien
Property question
By cronolegs
How to Open a company in Ho Chi Minh
By summer78

Expatriate health insurance in Vietnam

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Vietnam

Moving to Vietnam

Find tips from professionals about moving to Vietnam

Travel insurance in Vietnam

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Vietnam

Flights to Vietnam

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Vietnam