How Much does a local pay for middle school in TJ ?

Hello to all, I have so many questions and interests regarding mexico. I have been traveling BAJA for some 35 years. Traveling and living here are 2 different things, This I know. I have a personal reason for asking this question as I can find no information on the web ? Thank you in advance, Ron.

Lost in paradise wrote:

Hello to all, I have so many questions and interests regarding mexico. I have been traveling BAJA for some 35 years. Traveling and living here are 2 different things, This I know. I have a personal reason for asking this question as I can find no information on the web ? Thank you in advance, Ron.

From about $800.00 to $1,000 pesos per year at the beginning of the school year. Uniforms are not that expensive, about $800.00 pesos for everything except shoes. In 2006 it was $200.00 pesos at the beginning of the school year and another $200.00 pesos in January in Baja California.

alleycat1 wrote:
Lost in paradise wrote:

From about $800.00 to $1,000 pesos per year at the beginning of the school year. Uniforms are not that expensive, about $800.00 pesos for everything except shoes. In 2006 it was $200.00 pesos at the beginning of the school year and another $200.00 pesos in January in Baja California.

That must be for Government Schools.  Was that your question?

I just bought 2 uniforms for a first grader and one for a 6th grader. Nice cloth topped black tennies ...... and all 850 pesos

A couple backpacks - 400

Other school supplies 200

Lunch every day 25-30

Schools ask for odd's and ends but not much.

First signup with a given school maybe 600

The lady that cleans for me has two kids in secundaria.  Uniforms include special shoes that are a good bit more expensive than run of the mill tenis.  She said the cost of sending them to a government secondary school ran to 5000 pesos this year.  She and her husband probably do OK, he's a baker who has his own shop.  But 5000 pesos out of a minimum wage anual pay of 20 to 25 thousand pesos including aguinaldo is a big chunk.  Like 6 to 10 thousand dollars for a middle class family in the US.