Keeping up with the news in Singapore

Hello everyone,

Living in Singapore provides countless occasions to browse local newspapers, listen to local radio stations or watch local TV shows. As everywhere else in the world, local media play a key role in informing the public.

What are the major media in Singapore? Which one do you use on a regular basis?

How do you keep up with international issues (newspapers, radio, TV, Internet)?

Thank you in advance!

Priscilla

Hello thanks
I think the mejor media in Singapore are radio and tv channel
I don't have any regular besis media but sometimes I see TV channel and also listen radio
Not continue I keep up international issues but when I browse internet, only that time I see the international Issues but for a while

I never had a TV or radio in my 12 years in Singapore, so cannot comment on these.
Local newspapers are all government-owned and -controlled and thus give a rather one-sided view of what's going on - interesting to read once in a while to see where official Singapore is heading, but hardly suitable as a well-rounded source of news.
Thankfully, international newspapers and magazines are widely available (The times where they are regularly censored are over!) and there's always the Internet. I am now reader (on- and offline) of The Economist for well over 20 years.

Here the local news are regulated or rather I would say monitored by city base govt. MediaCorp a govt owned free air tv channels provide news through Channel News Asia in English.

But as its a free country, world wide news channels are available via paid service from service providers like StarHub, Singtel and M1.

Similarly you can get all the news (including local news which sometime doesn't appear on tv) via internet. So plenty of options are available to get the news via various medium including Radio.

I normally don't watch tv (sometime during weekend when there is any live cricket match showing on paid channels, watch for an hour or so).

I do use mobile apps of various news channels to get update myself.

There's no real news here…at all. The other day a guy caused and accident because he was playing poke man go….