Keeping up with the news in Malaysia

Hello everyone,

Living in Malaysia provides countless occasions to browse local newspapers, listen to local radio stations or watch local TV shows. As everywhere else in the world, local media play a key role in informing the public.

What are the major media in Malaysia? Which one do you use on a regular basis?

How do you keep up with international issues (newspapers, radio, TV, Internet)?

Thank you in advance!

Priscilla

I use all form of media i.e. TV, newspaper, internet to remain in touch with news within Malaysia and the rest of the world.

Hello Everyone,
Usually I rely on Local Tv channels & also International news tv channels like Channel Newsasia & Bloomberg ( My Favorites)for my everyday dose of news & current affairs. Apart from that, I am also following Malaysian Facebook pages to be updated about the festivals, occasion or even about any new rules or regulations.

Sarawak Report
Asia Sentinel
International Herald Tribune
Redflagnews
Al-Jazeera
Zerohedge
WND
Gatewaypundit
Allenwest
Guardian (UK)
RT
Infowars
others..........

15 years ago Malay Mail was good but not anymore and the other local news refuse to print anything but benign stories. Very few have guts for the truth anymore because powerful interests buy them for the sole purpose of making sure news stays on a certain line and to put forth a certain agenda.

In US, CNN, Bloomberg, MSNBC, all those big ones are rotten to the core.

A good way to get closer to real news about a place is to read what outsiders say. Example, read Wall Street Journal to learn about Malaysia; read Al-Jazeera and International Tribune to learn about USA, RT is good for Europe, etc. Second way is to blend opposing views and news to get closer to the truth. In big scandals, read widely and blend them all.

If one is limited to The Sun Daily for all the news, well dont even bother. I stopped reading NST, Star, Sun, years ago. Waste of time.

Its better to google a story and just start reading and learning new avenues for news from obscure corners most of which you never heard of before. Pretty soon you will get in the right flow of whats really news and what is filler and utter nonsense to keep your mind off whats really important.

And what is important? Look for trends, look for how news across the world could affect you, widen your scope of things to make you think.

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Off-topic. Please create your own thread on the forum
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Malaysiakini
the star online
sarawak report

rgds

I think little by little newspapers are becoming more and more obsolete. We can pick up the latest news quickly from our mobile phones and from the TV and online news online.

I was did a half hour interview on a business radio station called BFM in Malaysia, and since then tended to listen to it in the car. They interview a lot of leaders in the business community and it's interesting to listen to their stories about how they became successful in business. They also play nice rock music as well.