Keeping up with the news in Egypt

Hello everyone,

Living in Egypt provides countless occasions to browse local newspapers, listen to local radio stations or watch local TV shows. As everywhere else in the world, local media play a key role in informing the public.

What are the major media in Egypt? Which one do you use on a regular basis?

How do you keep up with international issues (newspapers, radio, TV, Internet)?

Thank you in advance!

Priscilla

I am exactly 2 weeks old in Cairo and have started to enjoy the place. The weather is nice (and I am told it will get nicer in a coupe of months), people are friendly and evenings are pleasant. The city is getting a facelift with a number of shopping malls, lifestyle housing projects coming up. Look forward to making some new acquaintances to meet and exchange views.

Just received my electricty bill. 600£.   When I questioned the amount. I was told electricty has gone up 70%. Anyone else's electricty gone up?

To get to the original "news" topic...  There are some English language newspapers, but I did find them rather propagandish with too much focus on the comings and goings of Sisi.  I did start listening to Nile FM, but did not find it that good on the news front... the music is EXCELLENT though.  If available, I would use BBC and Al Jazeera for international news, and CNN if you can put up with the American slant.