Close

Czech employee card

Hi  Guys,

This is Govinda from New Delhi , India.

I am working professional in finance field. I got a job offer in Prague. I have also submitted my application for employee card on 28 July-16.

I just wanted to know from your experience , how much time it took in your case to get the approval?

Secondly, is it possible to get the passport back during visa processing time, in case I need to travel somewhere during this time.

Thanks a lot for your help!

-Govinda

hey, my question is rather late here. I am guessing your's got approved during this time.  How long it took for you to get it approved?

Hi Vishal & Govinda,

Can anyone of you please let me know, how much time Czech embassy took to process employment card from India.

Any help will be highly appreciable. Thanks.

Abhi

Mine took 83 days.  Max I think it can go till 90 days.

Hi Vishal,

Is it possible to get the passport back during visa processing time, in case I need to travel somewhere during this time??

yes. You can request at the embassy. I did the same thing and got it back.

@Vishal
Do you have any suggestions for this?

http://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=720108

you can check with your employer who must be assisting you with VISA process.. they can provide a better answer I believe..

I would also not recommend to resign and go back..Better apply for visa and stay in Malaysia till you get one as it takes around 4 months for the VISA to come.

Thanks Vishal.
Are you in Czech now? Prague?

yes I am in Prague.

Just so you know, the law changed in July, it now takes 120 days to approve employee cards.
When you applied, you should have told them you wanted the passport back. The consulate gave mine back the day I applied. Otherwise, you might be able to request a second passport. I know you can do that in the US.

Expatriate health insurance in Prague

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Prague

Moving to Prague

Find tips from professionals about moving to Prague

Travel insurance in Prague

Enjoy stress-free travel to Prague