Any suggestions for American teachers who want to teach in England?

I am a teacher (Special Education) 5-12 (from Boston MA, USA) , and am very interested in teaching in England. I just came back from a 2 month holiday in England, and love it there. I want to move there. How challenging would it be for a 47 year old American teacher to find work as a teacher in England? I'd also like to pursue a Ph.D in nautical archaeology and have my eye on the Univ of Southampton- but for now would be keen on being a public school teacher- is there a good reference site or guide for American teachers who want to teach in England?

Hi! you sound just like me lol. I want to move to England as well. I spent two weeks there in february 2014 with some friends there and i truly loved it as well...actually fell in love with the country. May i suggest you try the following websites-, as well. I have tons of information but i just dont want to overload your mind. I truly hope these two sites will help you as well in your journey to live in England :) Continued blessings!

The problem is not finding a job - there is a shortage. The problem will be getting a work visa. As a US citizen that is hard / impossible.

That's true, there is a shortage. To those considering teaching in the UK, I would first research why there is a shortage. Some of the reasons may put you off teaching in the country.

This where you will find all the educational news

TES, formerly known as the Times Educational Supplement

Questions and answers about the labor market

Ask your question
After brexit ...?
By walkingbotanist
By daniel38a
Jobs in London
By AlexHill
Looking for potential business partners for start ups
By mpoliafico

Expatriate health insurance in England

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in England

Moving to England

Find tips from professionals about moving to England

Travel insurance in England

Enjoy a stress-free travel across England

Flights to England

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to England