MY FAVORITE Places in Amman to EAT, Drink, Chat

1. Al Canary Shwarmah is to me, THE BEST Shwarmah I have EVER Had in Amman. BUt the best one I really really every had was in Jerash.

2. King Hussein Park--the little Cafe --it's a hot spot for Fouad and I to just sit and drink tea. Very romantic, kinda cold right now, so I don't like going there, but during the spring and summer it's really really nice.

3.There is this Yemeni Place but I forgot what it's called, it's on the way to University of Jordan...

4.Al Ghazal over at Waha Circle (sort of) has awesome ZInger sandwiches

5.There is this  Hamoudeh --which is great for hommos and falafel in the morning...the one on Gardens street closer to the Waha circle...

6.There is Abu Jbaara, but I'm turned off by their prices, which are just outrageously high for Hommos and Falafel so I don't like to go there much

7. There is Hashem at the 8th circle--they have really good falafel and hommos as well (they have on in Raghdan where His Majesty eats there during Ramadaan.

8. There is Ranoush...they have nice cocktail shakes

9. As far as a nice sitting just for conversation and tea...? Le Meridien or the Four Seasons --VERY Nice sitting...Pricey, but nice

10. Then there are all those other places in Abdoun, but I haven't been to much of them because they are also $$$$ and just too far away .

There is one really expensive Lebanese Restaurant over by C-Town at the Waha CIrcle. .and I'm
forgetting it's name...but i'lll remember it tomorrow, but it's really really really nice, but $$$$. About 70 JDS for a table of 3. So yikes, but very very very good. And if you don't care about money, Go to Fakhr Al Deen, Tanoureen, or Kan Zamman, or Something Al Hawa --or maybe that's connected to Tanoureen,  (Forgot again the name--blame it on pregnancy hormones lol)

Hi Fouadsbaby,

I hope you are doing well. Tell you what, I am a little too confused after reading all your posts really. I mean, here you are writing about all the good stuff one can do in Jordan and sort of makes one excited about life and culture in Jordan in general, and at the same time you write of the realities that are rather harsh to an outsider such as myself. 
So, in essence, you have left me very puzzled and shocked, if you like.
But at the same time everything that I gathered from your not so encouraging posts, do sound very real.
Let me ask you a question - why cannot you and your husband move out the country and have a better life elsewhere, unless ofcource, he has some other commitments that he needs to honour? I mean there are places like UAE,Qatar, Bahrain and Saudi Arabia, which offer good salaries and have a superb quality of life as well. I have lived in Dubai for a long time and I think is just wonderful! What do you think about that?

I don't know after reading all your posts i feel like you and Fouad (I guess that's your husbands name) deserve a better life.

Do let me know if there is anything I can do for you both.

Wishing you a happy newe year!

Regards,
Emran

Hi FouadsBaby,
You should start a blog about your life in Jordan.  You seem to have some interesting tales to tell.  Would love to read more :)

I agree with you sourgrapes!!!

FouadsBaby wrote:

1. Al Canary Shwarmah is to me, THE BEST Shwarmah I have EV3.There is this Yemeni Place but I forgot what it's called, it's on the way to University of Jordan...
lol)

hadra mawt (Hadramout) , near the traffic laghts

You are right these are the best places in Jordan..u know things in Jordan more than most of Jordanian ...
Good Post ...Thank you

If you haven't been to Sheherazad downtown you really must go. Their kebabs are pure heaven! They also make a kefta pan with tahini and a pita sandwich arayes that I could eat for the rest of my life! Do give it a try, you won't regret it I promise!

the yemeni place i think is BAB ALYEMAN SooOOO delicious

:D please go to LEZEIT ISTANBUL located near the university of JOrdan and the German University. it is devine. great food. somewat cheap. great ice cream! nice cute restaurant. I cant want to sit there again aaaaaaaaaaah!:o:lol:

Where is Sheherazad downtown? (I.e. where is it in relation to Hashem or Hamudeh DVD?)

Is it a place you can sit at a table, or do you just get take-away?

Any other cheap and delicious places with food and argileh?

from Hashem; when your on the opposite side of the road walk towards downtown just before you reach the police station its in the alley on the right.

you can sit&eat or take away,

i was there!! they have reallly really good food. we had huge portions of rice and chiken and salad for 2 people 8jd. we didnt even finish it.

Yes, it is a lovely place. I usually take my family there, although I feel it is too private in there. What do you think?

I love to go to a restaurant named Majdelyoun served Lebanese food side of the fourth circle front of Hotel Amman West

for Pastry and Pizza with fixable Price " Ras Beirut " in Al-weibdeh  near to Paris Circle ...

for really Jordanian Fool and Flafil try " Osh Al Hana " in Alqwismah ... it's really fantastic ... ask For Hamudah , he free speak English free ( he worked in Durham-UK and opened there Flafel Alhana) .

omg that place is soo good they have got to have the best pizza in amman, i think they use real sauce not tomatoes!! go there it is cheap the pizza is huge!

For those who did not try a bakery Salah al-Din in Al-Abdali (is a popular place of more than forty years is open 24 hours a day to provide some sort of bread covered with sesame with fried Eggs or yellow cheese, if you prefer something else you can bring falafel from Hashims restaurant and making by your self your delicious popular sandwich .
My advice to you after placing the components of the sandwich, whether eggs or cheese or both, ask the baker to put sandwiches in the oven again to get crispy sandwich

Enjoy ........

Sweeter get together in Amman area Ajbhe or Abu Nasir Rayeq get together there or on the street, especially Jordan, Warez sweeter and sweeter after and get off to Jerash, Jerash and Ajloun Mountains

Who did try Shawerma Reeem? Yummmyyy!!! It is fantastic and very cheap!! I bet Shirazi did try it :)

Jafra Cafe close to the post office in Jabal Amman is a wonderful place for sheesha, live singing, and great food. Very good atmosphere and friendly people.

I totally agree, and from here I urge all to arrange for a gathering this summar... Any ideas?