Permit renewal.

Hello dear,

My name is Philips Robertson, a Nigerian and I'm 32.

I got a sponsor from the Nigerian Government to study welding and fabrication, safety and security in scuola Edile Genovese, Genova, Italy in 2012 and got through with the program in 2013.

I left Genova after my training to Nigeria but wish to go back to Italy. My study permit is expired and I need help on how to go about moving back to Italy.

Many thanks for your response as per my case.

Robertson S. Philips

Hello Robertson S. Philips :cheers:

Are you looking to go pursue your studies again in Italy or are you thinking about going to work and live there?

I invite you to read articles relevant to your queries in our Living in Italy Expat Guide.

Wish you all the best :top:


Hello Kenjee,

Thanks for your response.

My intention is to go back to work but I don't know how to go about getting an invitation for work.

Because the invitation is what I will show at the Italian embassy here in my country.

Many thanks for your support as you help me more with information.


Robertson S. Philips

Without a secured job offer, you generally will not be able to get a work visa for Italy; without a work visa, you can not legally work.  Contact the Italian Consulate in your city, or the one nearest to you, and get the specificis.

I've gone to the consulate, I was told to get a job offer first and that's why I am seeking for an assistance to get job offer to process my document.

New topic

Expatriate health insurance in Italy

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Italy

Moving to Italy

Find tips from professionals about moving to Italy

Travel insurance in Italy

Enjoy stress-free travel to Italy