Help and guidance required with Maternity Advice/Labour Law

I need some help - it seems as though i am not getting any straight answers.  I am hoping someone will be able to help me here.

1) I understand to gain 45 days maternity you need to have worked with the same employer for 12 months, but what if you fall pregnant before the 12 months, but you continue as being pregnant to work over the 12 months?   For example, my first year in work will end May 2017, but what if i fall pregnant in March/April? 

2) Im from the UK and my husband is Iranian -  Will the baby be able to take my nationality - as i would want to register the baby as a british citizen.

Help and guidance would be great.

Thank you in advance.

For your first question am not that familiar with Maternity labor laws.  But from what you are describing, i did say you are entitled for a maternity leave. But all will depend on the company or boss you work for.

For your second question. If you are British then definitely your child becomes a citizen by birth in respectively of the country he/she will be born in. UK does support dual citizenship, however am not that sure of Iran. But in short your child's citizenship will depend on the decision you and your husband make. Either the child takes after your passport or his.

Thank you for your response.

I am glad - regarding the baby being a British citizen, as having an Iranian passport only is not great.

Regarding the maternity, everywhere states you must be in employment for at least 12 months, but what doesn't make it clear is - if you fall pregnant before 12 months, but continue to work over the 12 months - is it covered then?

Confusing!