Tourist agencies without "tourists"!?

Regards to all,

I've contacted many tourist agencies and hotels in Kuwait for issuing tourist visas and I always got the same answer:"Sorry we can't provide tourist visa"
The logical question is: "If travel agencies and hotels don't issue tourist visas why over the internet advertised as a Tourism agency?" :/
Do any of the participants in the "Forum" has a similar experience?

Thank you!

I did a research few months ago. There is no more "Tourist" Visa.

The only way you can get to Kuwait is either by an invitation from family (Visit Visa) or with a working visa.

Hope I am wrong but I guess that's the situation so far

Seriously? As far as I knew hotels were supposed to issue tourist visas but I wouldn't be surprised if what you say is true. It actually makes sense, at least they are being true to themselves as there is no tourism industry here.

You can get a Tourist Visa. Sadly it depends on what Country you come from.

Tourists visas are easily obtained, for free, upon arrival at the airport, if you are from a country that has such an agreement with Kuwait.

You can also apply online now for a tourist visa and then can pick it up upon arrival, and pay a small fee.

I've been lucky, I guess...never needed a "tourist agency" which I believe you are looking at travel agencies, yes?

Ribosom wrote:

Seriously? As far as I knew hotels were supposed to issue tourist visas but I wouldn't be surprised if what you say is true. It actually makes sense, at least they are being true to themselves as there is no tourism industry here.

Yea,seriously. I mean,if they were arranging visas,then I wouldn't have any issues I'm sure.
Which hotel were you referring too? I checked loads of them.....

Tootsie57 wrote:

You can get a Tourist Visa. Sadly it depends on what Country you come from.

Unfortunately I know. Like if I were from "those countries",who can get a tourist visa,I wouldn't even be on this forum asking this kind of question in the first place.

MisterStretch wrote:

Tourists visas are easily obtained, for free, upon arrival at the airport, if you are from a country that has such an agreement with Kuwait.

You can also apply online now for a tourist visa and then can pick it up upon arrival, and pay a small fee.

I've been lucky, I guess...never needed a "tourist agency" which I believe you are looking at travel agencies, yes?

But,before writing you should actually check,one's profile and see where I'm coming from. So no,my country doesn't have such an agreement with Kuwait,clearly.

No,I can't. I can't apply online at least now for Kuwait visa.

But if you are lucky or unlucky,that's another question. That's actually not matter of luck to be honest,it's actually matter of your passport. ;)

libijana wrote:
Ribosom wrote:

Yea,seriously. I mean,if they were arranging visas,then I wouldn't have any issues I'm sure.

Well, at least Holiday Inn suggests they can arrange a business visit visa according to their web site:

http://www.kuwait-hi.com/visaInformation.html

I would like to find out if this is actually true or not.

However I will side with legacy on this one; Kuwait is not the place to jump head in hoping to find a job. He is not being negative, he is offering you a sound advice with the best intentions.

Ribosom wrote:
libijana wrote:
Ribosom wrote:

Well, at least Holiday Inn suggests they can arrange a business visit visa according to their web site:

http://www.kuwait-hi.com/visaInformation.html

I would like to find out if this is actually true or not.

However I will side with legacy on this one; Kuwait is not the place to jump head in hoping to find a job. He is not being negative, he is offering you a sound advice with the best intentions.

The answer that I received from the hotel a month ago:"Unfortunately, hotels are restricted from obtaining touristic visas unless the the guest is sponsored by a local company.
Company Covering letter indicating your visit to Kuwait and Staying at Holiday Inn."

Did I say that "legacy" doesn't have good intentions? I wonder how do they "jump" in Kuwait those who want to find employment,who catapults them? ;)

libijana wrote:

I wonder how do they "jump" in Kuwait those who want to find employment,who catapults them? ;)

We do interviews and get job offers before coming in, of course. Even then, it is not smooth sailing.

libijana wrote:
MisterStretch wrote:

But,before writing you should actually check,one's profile and see where I'm coming from. So no,my country doesn't have such an agreement with Kuwait,clearly.

I did qualify it by saying if your country had an agreement with Kuwait.  As I am not a representative of the Kuwaiti government, I don't have that list at hand.

Because of the tone of your reply, I won't be bothering to answer any more of your threads or questions.

Good luck in your endeavors.

@ribosom - my bro, many thanks :D

@libijana after reading this comment of yours, really not interested in giving you any advice:

"Actually,any country is like that. It doesn't take that much,if you actually chose to get there. So looking at the map and hopping on a plane is an option.
I know but there are also cheaper ones.
I thought the point of writing here is to be encouraged to go to Kuwait,while there you are being all negative. What's up with that?
Hah,do you own a freaking country or are you Kuwaiti?"

but  for the sake of argument, you have two options to get to kuwait:

1) get a job offer from ABROAD by applying online until someone accepts you, then they'll give you the gist of what to do, when to visit embassy etc.

2) ILLEGALLY buy a residency, come to kuwait, search for work.

of course no one ever supports the latter, but several have been known to do it.

feel free to whine and moan about the system all you wish, it won't change for you.

Ribosom wrote:
libijana wrote:

I wonder how do they "jump" in Kuwait those who want to find employment,who catapults them? ;)

We do interviews and get job offers before coming in, of course. Even then, it is not smooth sailing.

Really? Just like that? Interesting.  :/
No one says it's easy,but the main result is important.

MisterStretch wrote:
libijana wrote:
MisterStretch wrote:

I did qualify it by saying if your country had an agreement with Kuwait.  As I am not a representative of the Kuwaiti government, I don't have that list at hand.

Because of the tone of your reply, I won't be bothering to answer any more of your threads or questions.

Good luck in your endeavors.

Did I contacted you personally?
I'm not even expecting any replies,so don't bother.

Have a great day! :D

legacy wrote:

@ribosom - my bro, many thanks :D

@libijana after reading this comment of yours, really not interested in giving you any advice:

"Actually,any country is like that. It doesn't take that much,if you actually chose to get there. So looking at the map and hopping on a plane is an option.
I know but there are also cheaper ones.
I thought the point of writing here is to be encouraged to go to Kuwait,while there you are being all negative. What's up with that?
Hah,do you own a freaking country or are you Kuwaiti?"

but  for the sake of argument, you have two options to get to kuwait:

1) get a job offer from ABROAD by applying online until someone accepts you, then they'll give you the gist of what to do, when to visit embassy etc.

2) ILLEGALLY buy a residency, come to kuwait, search for work.

of course no one ever supports the latter, but several have been known to do it.

feel free to whine and moan about the system all you wish, it won't change for you.

But did I called you personally and ask? This is just post and if you don't have anything smart/useful to say,then you simply skip it. And if you noticed no one's "whining" or "moaning" here,it's just discussion but you just don't know what to say,so here you are having nothing else to do but being negative. I'm guessing your life is too boring,so you have to do something,right? haha,try something more creative and less negative  ;)

Lol. Your answer is quite pathetic. All you're doing is decrying, oh em gee, how do i get to Kuwait, please someone let me in. Why won't they let me in.

And in case you're too thick to understand, I've given u the answer, twice. Everyone has. Repeatedly. Learn to read.

libijana wrote:

I don't know of any other way. I also wasn't set on Kuwait specifically. It would help if you share what kind of job you are looking for, some are more desirable, and some less - but it does not change the fact that you won't get in easily unless you find a job first. Why are you so interested in Kuwait anyway?

legacy wrote:

Lol. Your answer is quite pathetic. All you're doing is decrying, oh em gee, how do i get to Kuwait, please someone let me in. Why won't they let me in.

And in case you're too thick to understand, I've given u the answer, twice. Everyone has. Repeatedly. Learn to read.

Thank you for your kind words! The next time if you want to comment on someone's post first read what is written.You're pathetic in your need to answer any posts that you don't understand.
Have a nice day!

libijana wrote:
legacy wrote:

Thank you for your kind words! The next time if you want to comment on someone's post first read what is written.You're pathetic in your need to answer any posts that you don't understand.
Have a nice day!

with 3,090 posts (and counting) under my belt, my understanding is perfect. you seem to not be able to grasp simple information, which makes me doubt your employ-ability.

in addition, this:

"But,before writing you should actually check,one's profile and see where I'm coming from. So no,my country doesn't have such an agreement with Kuwait,clearly."

who on earth would check YOUR profile to find YOUR country compare it to the LIST issued by this COUNTRY and tell YOU you are NOT on the list? they mention there is a list, it is your job to see if it applies to you or not.

you want someone to spoon feed you an answer and solve all your problems. there is no magic wand to wave here.

*toodles*

legacy wrote:
libijana wrote:
legacy wrote:

Have a nice day!

with 3,090 posts (and counting) under my belt, my understanding is perfect. you seem to not be able to grasp simple information, which makes me doubt your employ-ability.

in addition, this:

"But,before writing you should actually check,one's profile and see where I'm coming from. So no,my country doesn't have such an agreement with Kuwait,clearly."

who on earth would check YOUR profile to find YOUR country compare it to the LIST issued by this COUNTRY and tell YOU you are NOT on the list? they mention there is a list, it is your job to see if it applies to you or not.

you want someone to spoon feed you an answer and solve all your problems. there is no magic wand to wave here.

*toodles*

On the contrary I don't expect anything, especially not in this forum.In a post I address the participants of the "Forum" who have had experience in obtaining tourist visas to Kuwait via travel agencies and hotels and the only from member"moh05" I got the correct answer.Suggest someone a list of countries that are allowed visa on arrival is funny, because the one whom is enabled entry into the country is no need to write or seek advice on the forums.Unfortunately, you're a guy functionally illiterate.

Best wishes!

Ribosom wrote:
libijana wrote:

I don't know of any other way. I also wasn't set on Kuwait specifically. It would help if you share what kind of job you are looking for, some are more desirable, and some less - but it does not change the fact that you won't get in easily unless you find a job first. Why are you so interested in Kuwait anyway?

Why am I interested?The reason is obvious: to earn money,anyway if anyone went to Kuwait for some other reason I'd love to meet him/her.

You won't magically earn money by finding any kind of job here. Just recently we had someone complaining how benefits are much better on other gulf countries. It depends on the specific job, that is why I asked what do you believe you are qualified for. There are many people who believe that money is handed left & right in Kuwait, which is not true, especially with the current price of oil.

As for the reasons for coming here, after spending a few years here I tend to agree with you although strangely enough that was not my primary reason for coming here. I accepted a contract "in Kenya", to be told few days later that it is in fact Kuwait. Starts with K i guess. I accepted anyway because at a time I didn't really care where I would be going to.

Ribosom wrote:

You won't magically earn money by finding any kind of job here. Just recently we had someone complaining how benefits are much better on other gulf countries. It depends on the specific job, that is why I asked what do you believe you are qualified for. There are many people who believe that money is handed left & right in Kuwait, which is not true, especially with the current price of oil.

As for the reasons for coming here, after spending a few years here I tend to agree with you although strangely enough that was not my primary reason for coming here. I accepted a contract "in Kenya", to be told few days later that it is in fact Kuwait. Starts with K i guess. I accepted anyway because at a time I didn't really care where I would be going to.

Under:"to earn money"I don't think about the enormous sum,because it's not happy the one who has a lot but the one who doesn't need much.

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Off-topic

Hello everyone,

Please let us calm ourselves here and refocus on post #1.

@ Libijana, we understand that the formalities can be frustrating and even more when you are left with such options where your chances are quite slim. However, members have been doing their best to guide and advise you from the beginning of this thread. I hope you could appreciate all the effort and time they spent trying to shed the light on your queries.

Try to contact the Kuwaiti Embassy nearest to where you are located, maybe they can find a way for you.

All the very best,
Bhavna

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Off-topic

My friend ,in Kuwait most tourism is out bound and less incoming , hotel whole sellers can provide u visa services with confirm booking on hotels , you can try the good hotels too for visit visa or business visa , all the best

dhiraj wrote:

My friend ,in Kuwait most tourism is out bound and less incoming , hotel whole sellers can provide u visa services with confirm booking on hotels , you can try the good hotels too for visit visa or business visa , all the best

Dear friend,

Thanks for your reply and thank you for the good wishes.

Wish you all the best!

Just when the posts were getting more interesting.... sigh!

Your best options are to apply to companies like Alshaya , sultan center, al tayer on their websites as they hire a lot of expats for jobs in Kuwait. You can do it through linked in as well. Note that you will have to work out a 2-3 year period with the company before you can leave or pay the amount for the visa process paid by the company.

With regards to coming to Kuwait, completely disagree as to it being all about the money. I know a lot of foreigners here since their families are here and some whose girl friends are here and the cost of living is decent for single people. Also Kuwait is a really nice place to begin with esp for families. But depends on what you enjoy doing. Hope this helps

neverstopexploring wrote:

Your best options are to apply to companies like Alshaya , sultan center, al tayer on their websites as they hire a lot of expats for jobs in Kuwait. You can do it through linked in as well. Note that you will have to work out a 2-3 year period with the company before you can leave or pay the amount for the visa process paid by the company.

With regards to coming to Kuwait, completely disagree as to it being all about the money. I know a lot of foreigners here since their families are here and some whose girl friends are here and the cost of living is decent for single people. Also Kuwait is a really nice place to begin with esp for families. But depends on what you enjoy doing. Hope this helps

Thank you for your response! Best wishes! :)

maybe you went to the wrong places. some hotels do provide tourist visa, not all of them, but their condition is that the visitor has to book in that hotel. you can check with Marriott / Manshar rotana / Best Western / Hilton Mangaf / Crowneplaza(Holiday Inn)

tarekfawzi wrote:

maybe you went to the wrong places. some hotels do provide tourist visa, not all of them, but their condition is that the visitor has to book in that hotel. you can check with Marriott / Manshar rotana / Best Western / Hilton Mangaf / Crowneplaza(Holiday Inn)

I have already contacted these hotels,the answer is the same,tourist visas are not available :(

Unfortunately I know. Like if I were from "those countries",who can get a tourist visa,I wouldn't even be on this forum asking this kind of question in the first place.

I was only trying to be helpful. no need to be sarcastic.

You can get a Tourist Visa on arrival, but you have to pay for it. My husband comes from Republic of Ireland and he has to pay.

Tootsie57 wrote:

I was only trying to be helpful. no need to be sarcastic.

You can get a Tourist Visa on arrival, but you have to pay for it. My husband comes from Republic of Ireland and he has to pay.

I'm sorry for my sarcastic tone,I'm just exhausted of trying to get visa for Kuwait,while Kuwaiti,don't need any visa for coming to Serbia,I guess there should be reciprocity. :/
Of course he paid for visa,but he also got it on arrival because Ireland is on this list:  "52 Countries Granting Entry Visa Upon their Arrival to Kuwait International Airport."