Close

Looking for a friend I can speak English with

Hi everyone,

To be honest, I kind of upset right now. I have difficulty speaking English smoothly and fluently. And I am not high confident enough when it comes for me to speak English. I always failed my job interview, just because I can't speak English properly. I know some of you might have the same problem as mine.

I really want to improve my English. The problem is, I don't have much friend whom I can speak English with. Neither a Malay friend, or a foreigner. I hope you guys can help me. It looks like Im seeing a dead end now. With my current status being unemployed because I screwed up my interviewed numerous times already. I am considering to take English class, but still I need money to do so. :(

Anyone can be my English speaking partner? Preferably a girl too. Helpppp. If anything do email me at ***

Moderated by Priscilla last month
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Hi where r u from? I think u should buy a dictionary it's big help to u also. And the way u post ur English is OK..

I'm from Malaysia. Living nearby KL. And where are you from?
My writing just so so, only that my speaking sucks. Huhu

hai im from i have some prob with u. please drop email **

Moderated by kenjee 2 weeks ago
Reason : Share contact infos only in private please.

Hi. I dont get your email due to privacy safety. Can you tell me your email here?

Eila09 :

I'm from Malaysia. Living nearby KL. And where are you from?
My writing just so so, only that my speaking sucks. Huhu

And your use of language needs some work.
"Sucks" might very well be used by Spongebob but it's considered rude in much of the world.

Suck means terrible. Of course i need to work on my english, hence the topic :)

Hello Eila09,

Of course, there are many ways for you to improve your fluency in the language and on you may find various opportunities on the Internet itself.

I suggest that you start improving your understanding of the language through your daily routines. It could be from watching the Television, listening to English radio stations or simply by reading Facebook statuses. The key is to take time and understand the simplest parts of a sentence and digest. Pay attention to what's simple, right and proper.

I used to host "hangout" sessions at local coffee shops around Kuala Lumpur for this purpose. If you are keen about these meetups, do drop a message. We can figure something out.

All the best!

Where do you have your coffee shop "hang out" sessions, I'm a native English speaker (actually American) and will retire in December and could use the time to meet some new people. And maybe I can convince people to let me practice some Malay at the same time.

Dear Eila, perhaps you can join some community website or get some new friends. Do watch more English movies. Get a friend that can speak to you and teach you. If you still have not found a friend yet, we can meet up for coffee and talk. Maybe we can ask another 1 or 2 of our friends to join in as well.

Great idea. Where are you staying now?

Hi ,
If you want a friend to talk in English then ping me
bye

Questions and answers about Malaysia

Ask your question
abbasabdelhamid
hello
By abbasabdelhamid
abbasabdelhamid
buying a small restaurant
By abbasabdelhamid
Samuel_canario
Futsal games in KL
By Samuel_canario
ignore021
New Expat in KL Looking for friends
By ignore021
nhu truong
An expat living in KL with 3500MYR/month is good deal?
By nhu truong
eyegel
Hello from Ken
By eyegel

Expatriate health insurance in Malaysia

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Malaysia

Moving to Malaysia

Find tips from professionals about moving to Malaysia

Travel insurance in Malaysia

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Malaysia

Flights to Malaysia

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Malaysia