Looking for a friend I can speak English with

Hi everyone,

To be honest, I kind of upset right now. I have difficulty speaking English smoothly and fluently. And I am not high confident enough when it comes for me to speak English. I always failed my job interview, just because I can't speak English properly. I know some of you might have the same problem as mine.

I really want to improve my English. The problem is, I don't have much friend whom I can speak English with. Neither a Malay friend, or a foreigner. I hope you guys can help me. It looks like Im seeing a dead end now. With my current status being unemployed because I screwed up my interviewed numerous times already. I am considering to take English class, but still I need money to do so. :(

Anyone can be my English speaking partner? Preferably a girl too. Helpppp. If anything do email me at ***

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Hi where r u from? I think u should buy a dictionary it's big help to u also. And the way u post ur English is OK..

I'm from Malaysia. Living nearby KL. And where are you from?
My writing just so so, only that my speaking sucks. Huhu

hai im from i have some prob with u. please drop email **

Moderated by kenjee 7 years ago
Reason : Share contact infos only in private please.

Hi. I dont get your email due to privacy safety. Can you tell me your email here?

Eila09 wrote:

I'm from Malaysia. Living nearby KL. And where are you from?
My writing just so so, only that my speaking sucks. Huhu

And your use of language needs some work.
"Sucks" might very well be used by Spongebob but it's considered rude in much of the world.

Suck means terrible. Of course i need to work on my english, hence the topic :)

Hello Eila09,

Of course, there are many ways for you to improve your fluency in the language and on you may find various opportunities on the Internet itself.

I suggest that you start improving your understanding of the language through your daily routines. It could be from watching the Television, listening to English radio stations or simply by reading Facebook statuses. The key is to take time and understand the simplest parts of a sentence and digest. Pay attention to what's simple, right and proper.

I used to host "hangout" sessions at local coffee shops around Kuala Lumpur for this purpose. If you are keen about these meetups, do drop a message. We can figure something out.

All the best!

Where do you have your coffee shop "hang out" sessions, I'm a native English speaker (actually American) and will retire in December and could use the time to meet some new people. And maybe I can convince people to let me practice some Malay at the same time.

Dear Eila, perhaps you can join some community website or get some new friends. Do watch more English movies. Get a friend that can speak to you and teach you. If you still have not found a friend yet, we can meet up for coffee and talk. Maybe we can ask another 1 or 2 of our friends to join in as well.

Great idea. Where are you staying now?

Hi ,
If you want a friend to talk in English then ping me
bye

can i join it as well?

Eila09 wrote:

Suck means terrible. Of course i need to work on my english, hence the topic :)

It does have that meaning, but its etymology is less than polite.
"Sucker" is a person who is easy deceived or conned, being derived from a baby who sucks his mother's milk.
Your version, "Sucks" (Also - "It blows") is from fellatio.

For some strange reason I can't really understand, people in at least one country seem to think this is acceptable for use in children's programs.
The sad part is non native speakers pick up the word and use it under the mistaken idea it's acceptable in some way.

The use of the word sucks to mean not niece or bad has become so mainstream in American discussion that it's original source is probably irrelevant today. I consider it pretty much everyday use just fine for NON-FORMAL speech. If some said their last boss sucked during a job interview - interview over. But if some said the paperwork in the office sucks over coffee or even an adult beverage I wouldn't think twice about it. And if my 12-14 year child told me that their day sucked, I wouldn't get upset about it.

Sometimes words work their way into mainstream language (not just English) come from some very vulgar beginnings, but as they become part of everyday discussion we have to ignore the original meaning. Actually you might surprised that many of the words today that are considered vulgar came from innocent origins.

Only in America where oral sex seems to be an acceptable subject for children's TV.
I tend to disagree with it.

May I join too? I'm passionate about learning English.

Hi everyone I am brand new here. I am looking for someone who can speak English and Malaysian for me. I only speak English and I am trying to call a business establishment but I can't speak  the language. If there's. Someone who can help me please respond to my email thank you.

Hi you can talk to me in English

Hello.
I am Japanese expat.
Nice to meet you.
I am not Malaysian but I like to speak English and I want to make new friends here.

Hi I speak English and can some one reply to me who can speak both English and Malaysian as I want to make a call to s factory in Malaysia and need someone to call the establishment on my behalf. Please let me know if you can assist. Thank you.

Moderated by Diksha 2 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum for security reasons.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

hi
if you search in google or youtube. learn english through stories and  drama series, you will find out then you can pickup your level of english.
thank you.
i am girl
milcah

Hey. How are you doing?  If you like, I can be your friend whom can teach you Malay and English. Do give me a reply if you okay with it

Hi, my name is Michael Wong. I am a Malaysian. Please feel free to contact me at ***

Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum for security reasons.

Hi Mr. Wong:

My name is Milli Andrade and I just joined this forum. I do not speak Malaysian and I am seeking someone who does because I want to get in touch with the Cranberry manufacturer plant in Malaysia for gloves but again because I do not speak the language I will need someone to help me when calling so if you are able to help it is much appreciated. Please  contact me [link moderated]

Hi Milli,

Note your reply. Please forward me your contact details or you may call at ***

I'll try my best to assist.

Thanks.

Thank you' Michael. I will be back with the information.

Well, I think both Iskandarhack & Fred are right, to my understanding the word "suck" cant be used in business communication, Eila09 is facing challenges at his work.

When everyone is talking about learning or joining English community, Please share some ideas on Malay language. I guess I am in need of learning that :)    

Feel free to PM/DM me. I'm a Chinese Malaysian.

Thank you so much YK, keeping in mind the current situation, i am doing online practicing. :)

Thank you very much