Usage of Annual Leave policy

Please some one let me know what does the below Leave policy actually mean.

"Annual Leave with 30 days paid leave with Economic Class Ticket to Home Town Once in Two Years and thereafter every year."

Anand Ranju wrote:

Please some one let me know what does the below Leave policy actually mean.

"Annual Leave with 30 days paid leave with Economic Class Ticket to Home Town Once in Two Years and thereafter every year."

Sounds fairly self explanatory and simple to me :)

You get 30 days paid leave a year.  Starting In the 2nd year with the employer, they'll also provide a return ticket home.

Hi Anand Ranju,

Here's the meaning decoded for you :

Once you join, you would be able to go home on your vacation only after you complete 2 continuous years of working.

When you go you will be given 1 month's salary and return economy class flight tickets.

After you return, you will be eligible to go on vacations to your home town every year (and not after 2 years, like the first time).

Hi Sumitran,

Yes.. but what a created a doubt for me is the word Annual leave, wherein Annual means something that comes in a year. Of course regarding flight tickets I had no doubt.

Anyways thanks for your feedback

Regards,
Anand.

Hi Romaniac,

It was fairly simple to me as well  :) , but made it hard when I came to know that as per the statement there is no leave for the first year of my tenure.  I will be eligible for a 30 day leave only after  completing 2 yrs of service with air tickets..  :huh:

Anyways thank you for your feedback.  :top:

Regards,
Anand

It would appear that you will need to work for 2 years to begin with, until you are entitled to 30 days paid annual leave and at the same time receive an economy class airline ticket back to your point of departure.
I assume that this will be a return ticket.

At the end of your 3rd year of employment and thereafter you are entitled to 30 days paid leave plus a flight home.

Dear all,

Annual leave 30days for 11 months with one month full salary ( Basic + all other ) ?? Please explain how leave salary is paid after completion of two years and while going on vacation.

Also please explain how gratuity paid after completion of two years ?

Please explain, waiting for you prompt response.........

Thanks & Regards,

Shoan Denis

As per my knowledge Leave salary is calculated as

Your Basic Salary/Total No. of days in two years * No. of days worked since joining.

And gratuity is paid as half salary for the first three years and from thereon full salary starting from the 4th year. In your case gratuity will be half of two years salary, I suppose.

Hope this clears.

Anand

Dear Anand,

You have just mentioned the thing in reverse. :)

Leave salary will be paid as full 1 month salary including all allowances ( of course, loan and others will be deducted ) once you finished 12 months service with employer

Gratuity calculated as 15 days basic salary for first 3 years and 1 month basic salary from 4th year onwards.

Dear Anand & Wazilmankara,

Thanks for educating the regarding subject....