resident card

My husband is Vietnamese ( french and Vietnamese passport)  and i am French.
He is born in Saigon with french nationality ( grand father had got french nationality on 1914/1918)
We live in HCM for 4 months and i try to get a temporary card resident. Actually i have 3 months visa.
We went to the committee of our district 4 to valid our french wedding. At first they agreed and now they refuse to do and said that we have to go at the committee where my husband lived  when he was young ( and before to leave Vietman in 1972).
Do you think that is normal process? Nothing to prove that he lived there!
Thank you to share experience.

I think you must go to the area UBND where he was born, records are kept there in written form. If he was born in Saigon, they should have a record of his birth on file there.

New topic

Questions and answers about formalities

Ask your question
Where to take biometiric passport photos around district 1?
By andreas.glaser
One way ticket & TRC
By TuyetDang
How and Where to apply for Vietnamese Citizenship?
By thuy4tien
Property question
By cronolegs
How to Open a company in Ho Chi Minh
By summer78
retirement benefits
By aurason

Expatriate health insurance in Vietnam

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Vietnam

Moving to Vietnam

Find tips from professionals about moving to Vietnam

Travel insurance in Vietnam

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Vietnam

Flights to Vietnam

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Vietnam