Close

Any vietnames want help me (a healthy check in cho ray hospital)

Hi

I would like check my healthy condition, just regular check,

Don't  want go to fv( doctor isn't qualified) or family medical( too expensive). As I heard. Cho ray is a good local hospital. I'm afraid go there alone,

I can speak Chinese, English, some German , some vietnames. Would be happy if a local join me,

Thanks very much

When I developed shingles, I went to Cho Ray after being turned away from the hospital that specializes in Chicken Pox.  Cho Ray has a special track for foreign patients and you will be sent through that track.  I am sure it is more expensive than the fees Vietnamese would pay but it was reasonable.  The intake workers in that section spoke English and of course the physician that I dealt with spoke excellent English and seemed perfectly knowledgeable.  If you know about shingles, you know there is not much they could do except give me an anti-viral cream but I was very happy with the service.  They also give patients a folder with the record of the visit which would prove valuable to you if you go for a general physical.  It would be fine to go with a Viet friend but I am sure you could go yourself.

I stay near Cho Ray hospital, let me know when you want to go, i will arrange time go with you.

Naichamomo: It looks like you have a kind offer here.  UyenNG:  You may not get karma points on Expat.com but you will have real karma.

Don't forget no personal contact info is allowed.  Communicate by PM.

Nachamomo: I am not fully understand your "karma" meanning. Anyway, thanks for your remind about personal contact info :)

nghiệp  from google

Thanks very much for all your help, I have left uyenNG a message :D

THIGV wrote:

When I developed shingles, I went to Cho Ray after being turned away from the hospital that specializes in Chicken Pox.  Cho Ray has a special track for foreign patients and you will be sent through that track.  I am sure it is more expensive than the fees Vietnamese would pay but it was reasonable.  The intake workers in that section spoke English and of course the physician that I dealt with spoke excellent English and seemed perfectly knowledgeable.  If you know about shingles, you know there is not much they could do except give me an anti-viral cream but I was very happy with the service.  They also give patients a folder with the record of the visit which would prove valuable to you if you go for a general physical.  It would be fine to go with a Viet friend but I am sure you could go yourself.

Unless things have changed since I was there last, as a foreigner, you WILL be placed in a wheel-chair. The reason for this is that, as in most hospitals here, wheel-chairs have automatic head of the line privilege.

My Doctor had been an MD aboard the Hospital Ship Hope. I was supposed to pay twice the VN rate. But, some strings were pulled, with out my permission, and I was billed out at the VN rate and couldn't get them to take the foreigner rate. But that was around 15 years ago.

THIGV pardon me sir, but karma?
What is karma? If not the worst quasi philosophical concept mankind ever came up with?
It may have served a purpose ions ago, one of those necessary evils, but to still believe and try to sell such bill of goods today, I'm not so sure,sorry no offense intended.

Hi there.... My name is John. I can help you with that Check in. If you still need help.  Please give me a call at.. 0938015994. And we can discuss about it. Thanks

BTW I will take the goodwill of expats, even if none, over karma.

Moderated by kenjee last month
Reason : Please register services in the business directory. Promotion on the forum is not allowed.
Havaianu wrote:

THIGV pardon me sir, but karma?
What is karma? If not the worst quasi philosophical concept mankind ever came up with?
It may have served a purpose ions ago, one of those necessary evils, but to still believe and try to sell such bill of goods today, I'm not so sure,sorry no offense intended.

No offense taken.  I was poking fun, perhaps not clearly enough, at the Karma stars that the people that control the website give us on our profile pages.

Ooooops....lol....the joke is on me. I wasn't aware that we get stars awarded to us here.
I either have no stars, or they are so dim that I can't see them...he,he

Re: Karma.  I certainly agree that karma is an over-hyped term especially as used by overage hippies in the US.  However it is a concept that a lot of Vietnamese take seriously even if they don't call it that.  My wife often justifies her or others actions by saying that something good will come back.  I think they don't use the Sanskrit term mostly because they have internalized it.

Sorry for letting things drift off topic but sometimes that is just as well.  Go with the flow (another overused term.)  :joking:

I would suggest the Hospital of University Medical Center Ho Chi Minh City or Medic Medical Center. Be sure to have a Vietnamese with you so that they could check any fees involved. And be noticed of some guys, who usually walk outside these place, offers some kind of service to make your healthy check faster than usual. Stay away from them.
Ideal time is in the afternoon when everyone has almost done their check.
Hope it would help.  :D
Have a nice day!

First, my wife's favorite Doctor used to work at University Medical Center Ho Chi Minh City and I had one of their Doctors preform surgery on me at Trieu An. The Doctors are first rate.

At least in our experience and even in a wheel chair and one of their former Doctors getting us "VIP" treatment, the place was so jam packed that it was almost impossible to breath, much less move. Literally if someone fainted they would faint standing up as their wasn't enough room to actually fall down.

Been both places and Cho Ray's foreigner's medical program is infinitely superior,  even if the quality of medical treatment is equal. But, according my wife's Doctor, the actual time to evaluate patients was so limited and rushed that treatment quality suffered. Cho Ray's foreigner's medical program insures that, for a premium price, one gets premium treatment.

a lot of nice guy here ^^

1.577 million, set price, takes 1h 45 mins. bus 11 goes there from pham ngu lao.

pick it up 5 days later, 3pm

hope that help any1 googling

hi
as a vietnamese, I recommend you to have heathcare in Cho Ray hospital district 5, there best vietnamese doctor over there

anthonyngo wrote:

hi
as a vietnamese, I recommend you to have heathcare in Cho Ray hospital district 5, there best vietnamese doctor over there

As an American, I agree that Cho Ray is an excellent hospital with excellent Doctors many of them trained at Vietnamese Government expense in America and other countries. But, unless things have drastically changed, you need to make sure that you go into the foreigner part of Cho Ray. The Vietnamese side is a madhouse.

Questions and answers about the health system

Ask your question
Lakmee
Weight loss treatments
By Lakmee
dfwvillage
johnnynewtown999
Medical Oxygen
By johnnynewtown999
klockola
Looking for chiropractor in Bien Hoa/Saigon area
By klockola