New in KSA

Good evening Everybody,

I just moved to KSA. I like it pretty much, i loooove desert.
I've just found that place to play bowling, if you're interrested just let me know.

Am also a photograph-beginner and am looking for new landscapes to catch.

If somebody can give me some tips about it.

Thank you.
Regards.
Frenchy.

Welcome to Expat.com Frenchy :)

Your discussion has been redirected to Saudi Arabia forum for effective networking.

By the way in which region are you located?

Regards

Hey,
I'm at Riyadh.

Thanks.
Regards.
Frenchy.

I am moving the discussion to Riyadh forum then ;)

Welcome Frenchy!

Welcome Radmou, Plz tell how many days it took to get your empl.visa?

Welcome to KSA.

Hope all is well and you keep up the high spirits.

So you enjoy bowling?

Hi Guys,

Thanks for welcoming me.

Am sorry but i got the visa thru the company ... no idea.

Yeah i enjoy bowling, it's fun.
But to be honest, am looking for photographers to get some more experience, i really love it.

How about you guys, what's part of your after-work evenings ?

Regards.
Frenchy.

Hi Frenchy,

Welcome to Saudia and welcome to the blog.

We will arrange someday a bowling trip as I am currently the undefeated bowling champion here.

We have Salman here who can train you on photography and is a cheap guy

Yud wrote:

So, I am moving the discussion to Riyadh forum for effective networking ;)

hahah this made me laugh.

Simona L wrote:
Yud wrote:

So, I am moving the discussion to Riyadh forum for effective networking ;)

hahah this made me laugh.

Can i ask why ?

By the way, am looking for a villa for rent, any tips please ?

Thanks.
Regards.
RadMou

it was funny how Yud said the same sentence twice lol and redirected your blog everywhere

he goes "i am moving this discussion to the saudi arabia forum for effective networking" and then "i am moving this discussion to the riyadh forum for effective networking" hahah... ahh dont worry about me, i find humour in everything.

Simona L wrote:

ahh dont worry about me, i find humour in everything.

You reminded me of a friend who also finds humor in everything and can make people laugh about it too... Too bad he left KSA... I miss his jokes... that clown :/:lol:

well, you see, i didnt want to tell you MadMaz but your friend when he left actually appointed me as the new comedian.. :lol:

lol my sense of humour is quite interesting actually... i find humour in the silliest things that the ordinary person wouldnt think twice of lol, so for someone to make me laugh they have to downright demented :p but when i say a funny remark its usually sarcastic, dry humour and i always say it with a straight face and everyone finds it funny lol

...and such are the wonderful adventures of Simona.

Simona L wrote:

well, you see, i didnt want to tell you MadMaz but your friend when he left actually appointed me as the new comedian.. :lol:

Well then, go ahead! entertain me! :P:lol:

Simona L wrote:

...and such are the wonderful adventures of Simona.

Another adventure lover. :lol:

Bonjour radmou,
I hope that you enjoy the site and you join in with activities. I lived in the Cherante area for a year. Wonderful time.

Welcome.

RedGoblin wrote:

Another adventure lover. :lol:

... only the best ;)

slyshooter wrote:

Hi Frenchy,

Welcome to Saudia and welcome to the blog.

We will arrange someday a bowling trip as I am currently the undefeated bowling champion here.

We have Salman here who can train you on photography and is a cheap guy

I played bowling back in 2001 and also won the cup, but that was like a decade ago, not sure if I can play again, but you never called me for Squash (i.e. if you play some what better).
Cheers

slyshooter wrote:

Hi Frenchy,

I am currently the undefeated bowling champion here.

:blink:

YEA RIGHT

:lol:

I did like to try photographing..  I haven't been to bowling club here, where excatly is that??  May be we can set up some weekend to get togather and bowl..

Hi guys,

My first picture just been approved by Victoria, you can check it out on the main page of Expat-Blog.

And a little up about Renting a villa tips pleasseeee.

Thanks a lot.
Have a nice day.
Regards.

Villa in compound or outside?

I started looking for in-a-compound villa, but sounds like it'll never happen ... waiting list ...

Am still looking for a villa outside for rent.

Thanks.
Regards.
Radmou.

try to find one here =} riyadhciti.com/2009/02/the-ultimate-list-of-compounds-in-riyadh/

Hi Everybody,

I have arrived to KSA just two weeks ago, and looking somebody for playing squash or also bowling. I am not profi, play just for fun.

If anybody is interested in, just let me know.

THX, Bey Ladis

Hey me too!!

Do you know where to play??? Diplomatic Quarter is the only place I know of... If someone knows an another place I'm open... coz traffic to get in the quarter is just a pain...

See ya!

I play regulalry at Marriat Riyadh, I will check if they allow outsiders to come as well.

I love this game so much...

cheers

Welcome guys,

Got to visit that Marriot, since i hear about it ...

We might go to the motorbikes @ Janadiriyah this coming Friday.
Anybody's interested ? Just MP me.

Regards.
RadMou.

Hi Julien,

have a look at this page http://www.get2knowsaudiarabia.com/2008 … rabia.html

I am  sure here are some places to play squash, I am just missing some squash sparing partner. Till 13th Feb. I am on bussines trip out of Riyadh, but after that we can arange some match, what about you?

Let me know.

Bye

julien2706 wrote:

Hey me too!!

Do you know where to play??? Diplomatic Quarter is the only place I know of... If someone knows an another place I'm open... coz traffic to get in the quarter is just a pain...

See ya!

Hi there!

There's quite a long list! It's perfect! I'm not completely familiar with the areas around here yet... But google is always here to help so I'm sure we can sort something out.

I just arrived a week ago so I've got all the time in the world, just let me know when you're back and we'll book a session.

In a bit..!

Most of the good quality courts (in all 5 star hotels) charge sar 60 per person, per hour. You need to take a membership which is like atleast 3500 SAR per year.
Even I am paying sar 25 per hr (per court) at marriat because my company has corporate account.

There is boyot shabab club but the court is all cement and not advisable at all. There there is riyadh sports club which is like so far (towards makkah highway) and which is cheaper.

If you play really good, i can invite you to marriat as my guest... do let me know.
cheers

MadMaz wrote:
slyshooter wrote:

Hi Frenchy,

I am currently the undefeated bowling champion here.

:blink:

YEA RIGHT

:lol:

:dumbom: It took ages for u ppl to find out this post :joking:

I was talking about squash...

Alright... Just to give a few precision, I give you (all) the location of where about I live (Point A) and work (Point B), then maybe can point at places on the map that are strategic to meet for a squash session... Coz the Marriot seem faaaaaaaaaaaaar away from me... And might take a long time to drive there...

So here is the map:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source= … 26178&z=16

Feel free to add where you are... Maybe it's better if it's not public but... It's up to you...?? I personally have no problem with it...

Oh! And anyone knows where I could change a few dollars??? Coz I don't want to ask for more money to my boss... But it goes so quickly...?!

...Ciao!

You are really far away :-)  DQ may be closer to you.
You can also try four seasons squash court near Faisliya (I reckon 20 mns drive).
I am available at four seasons, only issue is court fee too high
cheers

LOL... Anyone going to Diplomatic quarter to play squash??? And who knows someone who's looking for a partner... obviously... Or maybe someone who wants to play more often..??

Thanks Oracle... Maybe one day I'll drive that far away! :o:lol: