Hi Fellow Ladies! - A little bit about me...

Hello ladies - (I am not looking to start friendships with Men - thank you!)

I have moved to Riyadh, KSA on 28th of June 2016 to join my Husband who has already been here for over a year.

I am starting to lose my sanity somewhat as I do not know anyone here nor am I familiar with anything to do around here, places to go and see, where to find certain things..and am hoping to meet some other ladies who are also in a similar situation/want to connect to hang out & experience Riyadh together!

I am a German and Special Needs (Autism) Teacher and am also actively seeking employment.

I speak Dutch, English, German and Urdu and I am a Dutch national with a Pakistani Mother and Dutch Father.

I have resided in;
Karachi , Pakistan
Dubai, UAE
Utrecht , Netherlands
Hamburg, Germany
London, UK
Paderborn , Germany
Windsor, UK
Toronto, Canada
And now am in Riyadh, KSA.

I went to Aston University - German & European Studies / Politics (Bsc Joint Honours)..

That's pretty much the basics, hope to hear from you gals soon!

Hi! I feel strange answering this as we haven't moved there (just over a month to go) yet but want to make sure we can connect once I do get there.

I am an artist and art teacher and we will be locating at the end of summer. I'd love to meet up with you then.

:)

Hi how are you..i also recently came Riyadh on 29 june..i m an indian.

Hi Marcieartist! Great to hear from you, yes it would be great to connect , please send me a message when you are here / en route! 🙂

Men

The lady has been very clear in her wish to contact only other ladies.
That being clear, please stay off this thread.

Thank you Fred. I thought I was being clear enough.

Welcome on board  :cheers:

And I do hope your social circle will extend soon so you'll never be bored.

Good luck.

Thank you PrimaDonna 🙂

Hi mehek

I am moving to Saudi to Riyadh in a few months time to join my husband there too. It's all a bit daunting and really don't know what to expect. I am also British born and bred - and of Pakistani heritage on my parents side. I have been to Jeddah before many many years ago but I'm sure things are different in Riyadh somewhat. I Used to work in Abu Dhabi which again is a completely different ballgame!

Would be good to keep in touch and connect when I land.

How are you finding it so far and how is the accommodation? Have u managed to get a compound or are you guys living outside. Hop you are settling in ok. INSHALLAH.

Take care
Tabs

Oh I've just noticed you are from Windsor!! That is co cool--- I am from Woking!!! It's about 30 mins away!!!

Hi Tabsy,
Sounds great - please touch base when you get here! We are in a compound..it's different for sure, first week I was struggling but now it's ok, there is beauty in everything & have to remain positive!
I think also not knowing anyone is a big part of it so I look forward to getting acquainted and exploring Riyadh together! :)

Yes Woking is not far! - Good to also knowing someone near to home! :)

That's great. I sure will do that.

If you don't mind me asking , how did you go about finding yourself a suitable compound? We are a bit overwhelmed with the different compounds and which ones to go for. Are you in a western compound or mixed? Big or small?

thanks!
Tabs

Hi Tabsy,
The compound was something my husband arranged and part of his job location & job so it depends on where your husband works and where does he stay now? It's pretty big, and mixed with various expats :)

Hello Mehak

Hope you are doing well. I read your post a while ago today and here I am sending you this post . In case you would like be friends with me or ask any questions about Riyadh, please go ahead and do so. You can send me a private message to contact me.

I will be looking forward to reading your reply,

Regards

Saania

I've been in Riyadh for 2 years now and still feels soo lonely for me without family haven't made any friends would you mind to chat on whatsapp?

Hi Ranyamajid send me a direct message! :)

Hello Saania, let's connect! :)