Sports in Papua New Guinea

Hello everyone,

The Olympic Games are now just a few days away and we would like to talk about sports.

What sports are the most popular and/or unusual in Papua New Guinea?

Are sports facilities easily accessible there? Where and how can one find sports clubs in the region?

Are there sports events regularly held in the country?

And you? What is your favourite sport? Which one(s) do you practice in Papua New Guinea?

Thank you in advance,

Priscilla

Helo...
Greetings...

When i was in PNG, it took me about few months maybe three to adjust to the culture and tradition. I was in the highland regioun during that time. After few months of work, i already started to enjoy dealing with locals in the villages and as much as my own crew. I learned a lot about the culture and i appreciate so much the natural rich environment.

A few year have past, i moved to another work location where in kokopo rabaul. Its great place, great people. I have met lot of Papuans who were very friendly and down to earth. I really like the place and the people too and as well as my one talk who are already residents there.

Uvol and Tol east new britain were places also i have stayed most of the time coz that's where our work locations are. Great place and its my first time to experience a natural way of great life there. Lovely people and nature.

If time permits, i'd love to work and spend more time in PNG than any else where in the world.

Godbless

Best regards,

Andrew S. Lampacan