Sports in Montenegro

Hello everyone,

The Olympic Games are now just a few days away and we would like to talk about sports.

What sports are the most popular and/or unusual in Montenegro?

Are sports facilities easily accessible there? Where and how can one find sports clubs in the region?

Are there sports events regularly held in the country?

And you? What is your favourite sport? Which one(s) do you practice in Montenegro?

Thank you in advance,

Priscilla

Hi,
I've been living in Montenegro for 15 years. Five years ago, I started a Yang-style Tai Chi club in Podgorica.  It's called the "Zhao Youbin Tai Chi klub".
We have classes two evenings a week all year round, and free Sunday get-togethers on Gorica or near the Karver bookshop when the weather's not good enough.
For more information, you can visit our FB page, or my blog at wordpress.com, or just contact me.

John Rogers

Hi John

Can you send me the link to your Tai Chi classes? Or give some more info on the timing and location?

Thanks
Tina

Hi Tina,
Thanks for your message and your interest in Tai Chi.
Until the end of August, we don't have any new courses, but we continue to have "practice sessions" every Tuesday and Thursday from 18:40 to 19:40.
Venue: “Yoga Studio”, ulica Pete Proleterske 36/A, 2. sprat.
(The studio is about 100m on the right-hand side after you have crossed the bridge to Stari Aerodrom from the city centre – it's the building where “Moderna rasvjeta” used to be, but there is now a bicycle shop instead.)
We also meet on Gorica at 09:00 on Sundays, next to the Monument.
All the best,
John

When we talk about sport we talk about huge problems. Most of the time teams and individual players are left to take of themselves. Money comes from friends, families, ceo, cfo are taking money for themselves building houses and similar. No support whatsoever!
But ..most popular are water polo and handball..but they are only popular because we are winning. They are trying to do something with basketball, football..
Best way to find some sport to play maybe for fun or professional is to talk to your friends here.