Sports in Bahrain

Hello everyone,

The Olympic Games are now just a few days away and we would like to talk about sports.

What sports are the most popular and/or unusual in Bahrain?

Are sports facilities easily accessible there? Where and how can one find sports clubs in the region?

Are there sports events regularly held in the country?

And you? What is your favourite sport? Which one(s) do you practice in Bahrain?

Thank you in advance,

Priscilla

Dear Priscilla,

First i thank you.

In Bahrain mostly Football is most famous and second is Cricket.

Football because most of the the Bahraini use to play as well Pakistani and Indians are also playing football, i also use to play football.

Second is Cricket, cricket is because most of the Indian, Pakistani, Srilankan and Bangladeshi they use to play.

These are the two famous sports in Bahrain.

Thanks and regards,
Sameer

Hi
My favorite sports are all which I can understand and which gets me pleasure by playing & watching among those Cricket & Athletics like most. Even soccer is also my favorite.

Regards,
Manzoor Ahmed

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Hi,

What sports are the most popular and/or unusual in Bahrain?
Bahrain gives a lot of importance to sports, specially football. Other than football, Cricket is played widely. Hockey, Basketball, Volleyball are also played a bit.

Are sports facilities easily accessible there? Where and how can one find sports clubs in the region?
Sports clubs are spread across Bahrain

Are there sports events regularly held in the country?
Local tournaments yes.

And you? What is your favourite sport? Which one(s) do you practice in Bahrain?
Swimming/ Cricket/ Cycling. I dont swim or regularly cycle depends on the weather and company. Cricket we usually play during good weather (September-March) on weekends.

football is the most popular sport in the kingdom since most of the Bahrain's engage into this activity in from of support , or activity participation due to large presence of foot ball clubs like stira, Manama , isa   amongst other clubs where they compete for the league title

Also on the local scene cricket is also a hobble in Bahrain due to large presence of expatriates from cricket loving nations of India , Pakistan , Bangladesh etc

My years of stay in the kingdom have not seen boxing , tennis ,badminton , netball

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Off-topic. Please drop an advert in the Jobs in Bahrain section. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct