Any South African Expats living in Cairo?

Move to Cairo imminent and I am hoping to find South African Expats ... biltong, melktert and so on.

Hello Mavr2002,

Have you tried South African expatriates in Cairo network page?

This might help you in establishing contacts with South African expats in Cairo.

Regards

I had no idea there were so many!  Thank you - I will get connecting.  Best, Moya

I suggest you bring your own biltong, I havent found any here. I've been here for close to 3 years now, feel free to contact me.

Ha ha ha ! I really only put that in to attract other real South Africans!  I do know how to make it.  I arrive on Fri am with my 2 children.  Have you made contact with any of the others?  I have been out of SA for 20+ years.

I have met a few. There are loads of South africans here. I dont get to go out much because of my son, so I dont meet with people as much as I'd like. But hey, we could probably arrange a braai once you get here ;)

Welcome dear ..
I don't think you'll be able to find biltong here in Cairo. I'm not sure about the melktert ... i didn't even try it while i was in SA :D
I'm Egyptian but i have been living in Johannesburg for the past last year. I loved it so much & love the South African ppl.. please don't hesitate to ask anything.. i'll do my best to help you :D

Welcome again

Marianna