My Wife (Iqama Holder) & Son (2months old) came back to Riyadh, Saudi Arabia from Hyd, India on 21st June 2016 with Visa-On-Arrival for the child. Flight was Saudi Airlines which is actually the best option when Family is travelling alone.
There are 2 ways, either you get visa stamped from Saudi Embassy through some Agency near your place (In India) or opt for a similar On-Arrival visa as I did (at Airport).
Visa-On-Arrival Process at Airport: Age limit of the child should be less than 6 months.
You should have your child’s passport, Add an infant ticket with mother’s ticket, original passport & original birth certificate (attested from Saudi Embassy) is required. At Airport in India, during immigration you have to tell them new born baby on arrival visa. They will check the child’s passport, original birth certificate & then stamp the immigration departure on the passport.
When you arrive at Saudi Arabia Airport, you have to tell them new born baby On- Arrival Visa for IQAMA (Do not forget to tell them to link the border number with Father’s Iqama). Once they link the border number with father’s iqama. It will show on MOI Abshir Iqama Issuance page. Do check it otherwise you will have to come back to Airport Immigration office later. Then they will put entry stamp & then write Visa Number & Border Number with pen on child’s passport.
If the above is done, you are good to leave the Airport without any hesitation and doubt.
Iqama Process for New Born Baby:
1. Before going to Jawazat, get the Insurance Card for your child which is mandatory.
2. Polio Vaccination Certificate (From India)
3. Child’s Photo, Original & copy of parent’s Iqama, Original & copy of all passports including child.
4. Iqama form – Either get it from Jawazat (They will charge you 10 or 20 SAR to fill it as well) or ask your HR department. They will have it.
5. Deposit SAR 2000 under your Iqama as dependent entry visa fees collection.
6. Go to Jawazat & they will issue the Iqama.
Hope it was helpful...