Visit visa or family reunification?what is better between the two?

Hello everyone!
I was married with Romanian,we got married here in Philippines..we need some info from you guys here,which is the best between visit visa and family reunification..we dont have a romanian marriage certificate,someone told us to apply for visit visa. so there would be a possibility for me to get back here in Philippines after the visit visa expire?or we will make transcription there in Romania to get a temporary residence permit?hope anyone here could help...please...

Hi , you could translated the marriage certificate into romanian one at the Embassy of Romania over there and it would be easier getting the visa also , if you have it translated you will need a visa type D which is for family members. If you want to come here without the romanian marriage certificate than yes you need to apply for a visit visa . Better is to translated over there , the embassy of Romania will issue a Romanian marriage certificate for free.

Thanks Mann123, the embassy replied on me through email that we need to transcribe our marriage certificate in Romania..transcribe and translation is a different thing?

Transcribe and translate it's the exact same thing ... It means that the marriage certificate you now have , you go with it at the embassy and request a Romanian marriage certificate , from there on they will give you a Romanian one which will be registered here in Romanian

Mann123 wrote:

Transcribe and translate it's the exact same thing ... It means that the marriage certificate you now have , you go with it at the embassy and request a Romanian marriage certificate , from there on they will give you a Romanian one which will be registered here in Romanian

Transcribe and translate are not the exact same thing at all. 

Translation of a marriage certificate is to translate a foreign marriage certificate into Romanian language, the translation itself is not valid as a proof of marriage.  Translation takes a day at most and is accomplished by an authorized translator.

Transcription means that the Romanian authorities issue a equivalent Romanian marriage certificate on the basis of a foreign marriage certificate of a Romanian citizen.  Transcription can take a few weeks and is accomplished by the primaria (city hall) or Embassy.  Transcription often, if not always, requires a translation to be provided, but it depends on the country.

Please be careful not to give wrong information!

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

Listen , it's the exact same thing mainly because when he will go to the embassy they will transcript it and also translated it because the Romanian marriage certificate comes in Romanian language plus English and French translation of every word like " mother , father , location " this words will be in romanian language , English and French , now if I wanted to write a full description of the Romanian marriage certificate I could have but , when you go to the Embassy of Romania in any country trust me they will understand when someone says " I would like a Romanian marriage certificate to be issued" now if you want to send this man to go and say " I want a translated and transcripted Romanian marriage certificate " the people working there will think he thinks they are stupid ... So ... I want a Romanian marriage certificate issued goes as understood that a translation will also be needed ...

At any embassy in this world you have to be respectful... Mocking them is not respect ... Please be careful how you express yourself ... They will always advice you and help you , the Romanian Embassy in all countries is serious and efficient ... At least in 6 countries I went until now the Embassy of Romania was fast , professional and serious ... But you need to treat them with respect because they are officials , they are the first officials you will meet and have a word when you will apply for ur residence permit here , trust me, have a nice day !

Hello Virgo09, :)

welcome to expat.com!

I hope these replies helped you. Do you have more questions? Please feel free to ask here ;)

All the best,
Christine
Expat.com

Hello! I married With Romanian. We got married in China last 4 months And all the documents we have legalist from Chinese authorities and translated to English as well. We wanted to travel to Romania together but the embassy here required a lot of documents because I don't have the Romanian marriage certificate. So I need some information from you guys here! Me and my wife planned to let her go back to Romania and get the marriage certificate by herself so is that possible ? Or do I need to be with her in Romania ? And how long will it takes to get the Romanian Marriage certificate?! Hope anyone here could help plz!!!

Tawfik alhajj wrote:

Hello! I married With Romanian. We got married in China last 4 months And all the documents we have legalist from Chinese authorities and translated to English as well. We wanted to travel to Romania together but the embassy here required a lot of documents because I don't have the Romanian marriage certificate. So I need some information from you guys here! Me and my wife planned to let her go back to Romania and get the marriage certificate by herself so is that possible ? Or do I need to be with her in Romania ? And how long will it takes to get the Romanian Marriage certificate?! Hope anyone here could help plz!!!

Yes it is possible, and you do not need to be present, only the Romanian citizen spouse.  The process takes up to 30 days.  You will need to have all your documents translated to Romanian however and legalized/apostilled.

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

Hi,

I have just spoken with my wife, who is Romanian, and she tells me that your wife could come to Romania by herself and present the certified Romanian translated documents for approval. A reply should be forthcoming within 30 days.

But if you are only coming for a short visit to Romania then a simple visit visa would be your best option.

Hope this helps :)

Thank you for your info guys! So the only way is to let her go do it by herself. If she would let her dad do it instead of she going back is that also possible ?

It may be possible to do that with a power of attorney  (procura speciala).  That also will need to be translated and legalized.  I cannot say with certainty that the Romanian authorities will accept it, but it might be worth a try.

Also be aware that your marriage must be declared and transcribed in Romania within 6 months of the date of marriage, or a fine can/will be levied.

Good day, thankyou for accepting e here. Presently Im here in Sibiu Romania visit my German fiance, I have many question a little bit confuse about the papers regarding how can i get and what i need to do to get a family reunification visa here in Romania after we married in Philippines with my German fiance. Please help me know what are the exact documents i need to prepare for this kind of visa.Please help me guys.
Thankyou and more power.
Shiela jarque

hi just wanted to know some information i am married with romanian citizen in cyprus.we live couple of month there then i come for job in dubai and she go back in romania .now if my wife come here in dubai is we can apply together visa for romania from here in dubai