Looking For Friendly Expat Guide for My Makati Visit

Hi Everyone,

My name is George and I am from Toronto, Canada.

I am visiting Makati, Philippines from August 24 to September 7 in 2016.

I am seriously considering moving to the Philippines but I am personally researching living and working conditions first.

If you are an experienced (5+ years) English-speaking expat living near Makati, I am very interested to hear your experiences and your advice about life in the Philippines. I would like to invite you for coffee, lunch, or dinner (at my expense). Couples are also welcome as my girlfriend may join us.

I am staying at the Fairmont Makati hotel.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT:  Best way to contact me is through this website as I don't know if posting of personal e-mail info is allowed (newbie here).

EDIT:  I am not looking for paid tour guide(s).

i have been living in pasay for 3 months i have a filipina gf that lives with me i know manila pretty well i am very interested to meet you for lunch and show you around manila and answer your questions im American

Hashrama76... thank you for your reply... please send me a PM.

I have already arranged a reputable driver/guide for most of my stay in the Philippines.

I am most interested in meeting fellow expats who have lived in the Philippines for many years. I would like to hear your honest thoughts---both good and bad---about your life experiences in the Philippines.

On a side note, I just found a nearby hotel which offers British-style afternoon tea:

If anyone would care to join me (and possibly my girlfriend), please let me know. My treat, of course.

EDIT: Don't know if links are allowed here. If not, I apologize in advance.

Moderated by Julien 3 months ago
Reason : advertising is not allowed on the forums : please recommend the professionals you appreciate in our business directory
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Advertising of services is not permitted on this section of the forum.
Please post a free ad in the housing or classified sections of the forum.

Hi george do you have way of communication such as viber or skype by this i can help you more about living in philippines.

i can assist if you are in Iloilo City

At this time I am unable to accommodate additional meet ups as my itinerary is almost full.

A hearty "thank you" to those who replied and looking forward to seeing some of you soon!

Dear Moderator:  Please close this thread with my thanks.

Questions and answers about Manila

Ask your question
Cano Manuel
Repatriating Dead Body Back to Home Country
By Cano Manuel
Bringing silver coins to the Philippines.
By eduardo001
Help finding movers in Metro Manila
By rachelsantos
Diectorate passport ban
By Ramon23
Ajay Gosain
Indian wants to go Philippine... help seek
By Ajay Gosain
Badminton Makati
By prashant8401

Expatriate health insurance in Manila

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Manila