Close

Why would I move to Paraguay?

Here is my question...my husband is moving back to Paraguay...I am not at the moment...I have never lived there, I was there once for 5 days...my husbands family is from Luque...from what I saw, it is a very poor  backward and dirty country...please correct me if I'm wrong....
But I am a New Yorker who now lives in LA and have lived in Rio de Janeiro (Copacabana) it is my second home....
I need to live in a place where I can still run my American business, I have a VOIP phone and my laptop and need a really good, dependable Wifi in order to work ( did this easily from Rio) of course Rio is the same 110 voltage as the states...
I also have an account with safer VPN and a special router that allows the VPN connection to run all the time (basically my IP address makes it seem as though I'm still in the US) so I can get Hulu etc on my smart TV...(does Paraguay even has smart TV's?)  My husband has his residency in the US...we were just about to begin obtaining his citizenship...any thoughts on this?

Thanks,
Debbie

Moderated by Christine 2 months ago
Reason : rude language + inappropriate comment

Paraguay is a WONDERFUL country with wonderful people!!

I have been there 3 times in the last 12 months and will be moving there full time by the end of July.

Oh and yes they have VPN!